Double Barreled Introduction, Part.2

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
Hornchurch

Double Barreled Introduction, Part.2

Post by Hornchurch »

Hello folks,

I decided on doing a "double-post" introduction, as I have a rather large, life-changing Genealogical-link to the railways, plus a brief stint on there myself.
(I'll cover that in a separate post, a 2nd-intro' post might be better, rather than make it all too lengthy, cause God-knows, this one already is :mrgreen: )

All this, despite NOT being a true 'train-fan', or railway buff myself.

To explain the 'model railway' side of things within this post, I'll elaborate.

I've had (roughly speaking), a 50-year/Half-Century "lay-off" from model-railways, probably a (much) more lengthy lay-off than most.

Lived near the Liverpool-St/Southend-Victoria line as a very young child... (thru teen years, till 22)
Always used the nearby 'Iron-Bridge' to cross from one town to another ~ (going shopping & visiting Grandparents)

So, at a very young age I was exposed to railways, engines & trains & initially, took a strong interest.

My kindly Mother bought my very first model-railway set, in 1967 = http://www.hornbyguide.com/item_details.asp?itemid=905
(gulp, makes me sound SO old, as, if IIRC now, the Beatles had yet to release Sgt.Pepper !)

Being barely just past 'post-toddler' stage, the engine in that set... (to me at least, at that tender-age), looked just like a Deltic.

I know for sure (even remember), she bought it out of South.St stores in Romford, the Co-Op or Marks & Sparks (IIRC)
It most certainly was "the" most expensive train-set in the the whole (large, flagship) store & there were numerous sets back then.

Man, I literally LOVED that set as a child & treasured my 'Green Deltic'... (which I now know, was a 'Class.37')

So much so, that happily, it still exsists to this day ~ I held it in my hands for the first time in many decades last-week... (during May 2016),
as it's been in deep, deep-storage & survived at least FOUR house moves (including it's present location, 120 miles North).

Mind you, tho' I picked it up for the first time in many decades (last-week), it hasn't run since 1979 (!),
although I'm sure it'll "fire-up-1st-time" again when I put it to the test (once again)
The Yellow warning-panel (sticker), fell off in my hands (hardly surprising), but it'll be fit for battle again, no-doubt.

It was sometime around the time of that first train-set (http://www.hornbyguide.com/item_details.asp?itemid=905), that I was given a
"Ladybird Book of Locomotives" & started reading & taking-in (on board), the lines & looks of various Loco's.

Suffice to say, I fell in love with my very-first metallic/mechanical 'hero' = (the) 'Mallard'

Nagged my father to ACTUALLY go & see it for real (once I'd found-out it survived), so he took me to Clapham.
(apparently, as a kid, the main 'train' museum ~ presumably THE precursor to the N.R.M ? ~ was at Clapham)
So, I got to see (& touch), my chilhood hero (as a pre-6yr old)

Obviously, got to hear about the 'Flying Scotsman' thru Blue Peter (t.v), via John Noakes, Peter Purvey-Purves (!)
& the (then) GORGEOUS Valerie Singleton.

Naturally I'm guessing that many hardcore railway enthusiasts react towards the 'Flying Scotsman',
in much the same way as an aircraft-enthusiast would towards the 'Red-Arrows', or a Led Zeppelin fan towards "Stairway To Heaven" ????
(i.e, moans & groans & a 'F.F.S, not THAT again', with an accompanying roll-eyes !!!!!!!!!)
I'm pretty much like that, with Spitfires, as an aircraft enthusiast ~ I tend to switch-off, as everyone-else is "fawning".
(it's the middle-aged 'jaded-cynic' within me, I'm afraid).

So, that covers the 1960's for me, other than to say that cars & trains got "dropped like hot-potatoes" in favour of AIRFIX models.
From my perspective = My interest in AIRFIX models soared like an Apollo-Rocket (Saturn.V), into orbit, in favour of everything-else

To be fair tho', by this time my folks had set-up my (then new), 'Triang Hornby' train-set on a large, long, hardboard layout.
So, the extremely long, large oval-layout, with sidings, took-on a new meaning, as track was nailed-down, plus buildings & scenery added.

That re-fuelled the fire (& interest) & around that time, I acquired some truly wonderful coloured-plastic-injection-molded buildings !

(perhaps you guys who are FAR more knowledgeable, can point me in the direction as to WHO they were manufactured by ?)

I had a cream-coloured factory, with a Black-roof & tall chimney (w/Skylights), a lush White-bungalow with a grey-roof * blue or green doors.

A double-fronted shop/office-block, with "Co-Operative Society" frontage, with bay-windows, plus a cool Bridge with 'Ever-Ready' & 'Bluecol Anti-Freeze' decals
(the bridge survives, to this day)

Best of all was a STUNNING little English Church which back then, came with clockwork-chimes & replica (plastic) "stained-glass-windows"

I've managed to get one again.... a 'Hornby R.599' which is near-identical (same mould), but DOES NOT have the grass base or chimes.
(Like my gorgeous, beautiful 1960's original did ~ But hey, that's "progress", right ?)

In 1970, probably around or just before Jimi Hendrix died (& we got knocked-out of the Mexico World Cup), my dear ol' Mother splashed-out again...

This time I got a (seemingly, then) GORGEOUS 'Inter-City-Frieghtliner-Set' w/Blue-Hymek & NINE containers on three long bogie-wagons.

http://www.hornbyguide.com/item_details.asp?itemid=484

Instantly fell in love with the looks & sheer gravitas (for a kid), of THAT set & again, amazingly, it survives to this day ~ (unboxed).

Again, like the Green '37' & Pullman set, it hasn't (yet), been back on the rails, since 1979, but it will, one day fairly soon.
(they've all survived in rather good condition for their 'play-worn' age, with only one Pullman coach as a 'long-gone' casualty)

The only other engine that I had from 'young-childhood' (circa 1968/'69/'70), was what I now know to be an 'R.150' numbered '61572'

Like the Hymek, it wasn't the greatest-runner all day long & I butchered it one day, losing my patience (Tsk !), wheras the 'Green-37' was a stellar performer.
(I honestly think it was THAT Green-37 from the Pullman set, which literally "set me up for life" as a "fan" of the Class.37 type in general
& I finally got to sit inside a REAL one, at Stratford/Temple Mills, in Feb/March 1990).

By the late 1960's, I was bitten REAL HARD by the aircraft-bug & AIRFIX in particular, by still used my (lovely) layout, until I was around aged 13.

What 'killed-it', was a move/change in bedroom to the BEST room in the house ~ It faced North & my Mother hated being cold !!!!!!
I absolutely jumped at the chance, as it overlooked School-playing-fields & gave me far more room for my burgeoning pursuits.

I'd also (naturally), say it got 'killed-off' by increasing teen-years & a full-on interest in 'Girls/Guitars/Girls/Motorcycles/Girls' etc
(did I mention Girls aka Women !!!!!!!)

A very, as in VERY brief blip on the radar occured in 1979, as a new-teen-at-work....
I was asked to do a 'stock-check' (reluctantly), at my workplace (then), Argos in Ilford, Essex.
Barely 30-mins into it & on one top-shelf of the stock-room, I chance upon a HUGE, HUGE, model-railway set from a company that I'd never heard of... Lima.

It was 'Ex-catalogue' (prev' season, before I'd joined) & was being punted-out at half-price, which, with 10% additional staff discount, made it a "no-brainer"

I was even saying/thinking to myself at the time..... "W.T.F. do I HONESTLY NEED a model-railway-set for again, I don't even use the one I have".
It's fair to say that thought-process made me hesitant, plus what my gorgeous & pretty G/f (future-wife) would think of me, delving-back into "anorak-territory"
(as she would say, not to mention what my more 'hard-nut' mates that I went drinking with would rip me to pieces with, in pure jest !!!!!!)
Still, nonetheless, I bought this HUGE & comprehensive set ~ Couldn't turn it down, far too cheap, even tho' I didn't "need" it.
(It's called the Lima "Super Freight Liner Terminal" set & contains countless wagons, track, plus an engine, a Deltic called Meld (or Mold !)

So, 1967, 1970, 1976 & 1979 are, or rather were, pivotal points in time for me & as far as I was concerned "that was it" with toy-trains (model-railways)

Lifelong interest in aircraft & MODEL a/c, plus armoured vehicles must've left a pilot-light burning, or on the back-burner for loco's....

In 1987, on holiday with my then (good-looking) wife, after pretty-much a week of being 'naughty' & also taking my fabulous Kawasaki Z.1000-J
around the beautiful Yorkshire dales, I dared to suggest that we visit the N.R.M ~ I still, to this day have no-idea, or clue when it moved ?
Was an enjoyable day out there (& even she enjoyed it) ~ I know I was quite taken-aback by the sheer size of it all, but I was STILL quite 'lukewarm'
on the engines & stuff, in general (shame on me !), but at least I got to see the Mallard again, for the first time since the 1960's.
(& I still haven't seen it since that day, in September 1987)

Some 17-18 years after that, I decided to pick-up a 'Britannia-class' loco' (Re-badged as "Lord Hurcombe"), as I was reliably informed, by my Grandfather's
eldest Son, my Uncle Ken, that my Paternal-Grandfather had regularly driven countless examples of the 'Britannia's in his day-to-day job.

I was also given a few wonderful A.4 (paper, not loco' !) sized pictures of my Grandad 'whilst at work' with "his" particular engine that day, in 1949...
~ "Framlingham 61603" ~

Some time later, another family "meet" bought-up a fascinating story about my Grandad allowing a hardcore 'teenage spotter' onto his footplate.
The engine in question that day, at Liverpool.St.Station, was "Clive of India" (70040), which again, he drove on a regular basis.

I was SO captivated & moved by the event (I'll relate it more in my next post, Re;Genealogy), that I scoured E-bay & the 'net, to see "if" Clive was available.

Ironically, I managed to buy a (then) brand-new & absolutely mint "Clive of India" Britannia....
(sorry, I can't remember the Hornby number, but, I know it says "super-detailed" on & within the insert)

Those TWO engines (which I still have), were bought as 'ornaments only', given my Grandad's 45-year service, on L.N.E.R & B.R.

Dunno' why, but, with no-layout (save for the Lima-Freight-set, round my folks house), in 2011, I had a 'one-day-splurge-out', on E-bay.

I guess I fancied buying another Class.37, so, I bought FOUR engines = 3 x Class 37's (Lima,in Grey), plus an engine I knew bu**er-all about.
(It was a Class.50, called "Ajax" & has since become not only my absolute favourite Lima loco', but prob' my fave of all (of 'em)

Bought them in 2011 (they were ALL "New/Old-Stock", so, minty-Mc-mint !!!!!!!
(but I never ran them, until lest-week, which is now May 2016 !!!!!!)

Donated some stuff to a local animal-charity... & they had an old 'Triang-Hornby' Class.31 ~ the engine that I'd NEVER had, as a kid (but wanted).

So, another delve into E-bay & Pay-Pal found me buying FOUR more 'mint' new/old-stock & or/barely-used Lima class.31's for circa £20.00+ each

That FINALLY prompted me to get out the track from the 1979 Lima FreightLiner set & "test-fire" up, all those 8 x Lima's I'd bought, but never run.

The "bug" may yet be fleeting... but I've since, (since 15th May 2016) bought the following Loco's

R.3480 ~ Class.92 ~ "Brahms"
R.3318 ~ B.17 ~ "Gilwell Park"
R.3003 ~ B.17 ~ "Barnsley"
(all the above are new)
Plus a 'mint' never-used, Class.47 Hornby 'Scot-Rail' named "Greyfriars Bobby" ~ (apparently, named after a dog, in Scotland)

Lastly, a question for Y'all, from a (pretty clueless) new-owner of a brand-new 'Hornby-Railroad' Class.31

All the other engines mentioned before (except the two Britannias & Triang-stuff), run well, steady & smooth on the layout I've got.

Yet, I took this 'mad-cap' (brand-new) Hornby-Railroad loco' out the box, only to find that it runs like Ussain Bolt on nitrous !!!!!!!

(I mean, straight out the box, 1st-time & it's racing round the track, like a scalded-cat on steroids, via rocket-fuel !)

Surely that ain't right ?
(the other dozen or so engines/loco's all run steady & respond well to whichever controller I just happen to be using).

So, question is......... Is this brand-new Railroad Class.31 defective ?????
(given that, even at the very lowest settings, it's running round like a lunatic on fire)

Yep, naturally I'm running a D.C. (older-style) layout & YES, the tracks are CLEAN
(as in, 'crystal', as prior to usage, I gave them the mildest-ever swipe with a very fine (finest) grade 'Garryflex' rubber-block).

Would sincerely LOVE to get some advice on this brand-new-out-the-box, 'nut-job' Class,31, as it seems like it'll pull down the side of a house, by itself !

Cheers, 'H.C'
Ex-Pat

Re: Double Barreled Introduction, Part.2

Post by Ex-Pat »

Welcome Hornchurch - that's quite an entertaining read - I only started it 2 hours ago!

I'm staggered to realise that it's 50 years since Hornby introduced their Class 37.

As far as your end question re. the Class 31 performance goes, I suggest you re-post that part in the Hornby section where you will find a dedicated audience of experts.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Hi Hornchurch, welcome aboard. You don't say what you are running your loco from, If it's a 20+ year old resistance type controller it will be great for 20+ year old Hornby mechanisms, but will lack any sort of fine control over modern ones (too little resistance) Wht you do about it depends largely on what layout you intend to build, so tell us what your controller is and we can make some recommendations.
John W
aka BUfferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Hornchurch

Post by Hornchurch »

Ex-Pat wrote:
Welcome Hornchurch - that's quite an entertaining read - I only started it 2 hours ago!

I'm staggered to realise that it's 50 years since Hornby introduced their Class 37.

As far as your end question re. the Class 31 performance goes, I suggest you re-post that part in the Hornby section where you will find a dedicated audience of experts.
'

Mate, you had me roaring with laughter at that top-line ~ 'War & Peace', eat yer heart out !!!!!!!

Many thanks for the warm-welcome BTW. :wink:

Whilst my MIND doesn't "think" old, I guess I'll come over as an 'old-git', so if that '37' mould is my age, it's pretty damn old :lol: :oops:

Irony is, I'd read about that "mazak" lark on older 31's ~ the 1/72 Corgi RCAF Mynarski Lancaster has the same problem too...but more expensive.

I'd only bought ONE new 'Railroad' class.31, with the intent of swapping-out a (Grey or Blue) Lima bodywork...
(after I'd found some tarnishing on two of a single Lima Loco/31's wheels ~ part of the batch of four I bought, early in May)

I managed to get the tarnish off though, with my Dremel ~ (utilising one of the soft-polishing-felts, the felt wheel worked wonders).

I'll take your advice, Re; the brand-new-railroad-class.31, thanks.

Hornchurch

Post by Hornchurch »

Bufferstop wrote:
Hi Hornchurch, welcome aboard. You don't say what you are running your loco from, If it's a 20+ year old resistance type controller it will be great for 20+ year old Hornby mechanisms, but will lack any sort of fine control over modern ones (too little resistance) Wht you do about it depends largely on what layout you intend to build, so tell us what your controller is and we can make some recommendations.
John W
aka BUfferstop
'

Hi John/Bufferstop.

I'd already read some (well sensible) posts of yours, so I knew you'd be giving-out sound advice ~ I'd scoured the forums for some (any) modern-day knowledge, as my ACTUAL dealings with model-railways has only re-commenced since this month... May 2016.

Prior to that, the extent of my knowledge (& dealings in practical terms with model-railways), all stems from the mid-to-late 1960's & early 1970's
(I'd say roughly up until 1974)

That MAY explain (in answer to your question), as to "why" this ol' geezer has gone back to what he knows & is comfortable with...

Namely, an old (actually, two of them), "Triang-Hornby P.5 Power Controller Transformer"
(& there was I, thinking that the "only" P.5 wuz the classic ol' Rover V.8 :wink: )

Simply put, it's what I know & feel comfortable with ~ My knowledge of electrics is scant at best ~ (It's my motorcyling 'curse' :roll: )

I've learned something already, by you telling me that they presumably have 'too little resistance', as you say ?
(that did surprise me, actually).

Don't get me wrong = I did scour round & thought "W.T.F.shall I get to kick-off with" ?

Initially I considered buying either the "Western-Messenger" set, or, the "Tornado Pullman" set, both from Argos, as I knew they'd have a controller chucked-in
After a scan around tho' & folks generally seeming to 'bypass' the (cheaper) Railroad-range, I wasn't sure it was just aimed at kids (?)

Then I thought "Sod it, how far wrong can I go, if I scan E-bay for a modern controller" & what looked rather like a charger/adapter-pack.

I found a deal where the seller was offering a Wall-plug-adapter-pack, controller & power-track (w/connectors), for just under a score*.
(*£20.00)

Came in a box that looks (for all the world), like he/they blag them out of (maybe?), returned or unsold Hornby train-sets ?

Whatever, on (or by), the 20th May, I'd rigged-up a 15ft oval track, with 2nd-Radius-curves, using the/a brand-new (cheap-lookin'), plasticky controller, with the now (by modern standards), ubiquitous Wall-plug-power-pack thingy, that seems to be used thesedays, for absolutely ANYTHING ~ From shavers to 'tablets' & i-phones & from guitar-effects-pedals to V-tech stuff for kids.
(even my old jump-starter-pack for the car had them, as well as our Bosch-strimmer !)

Whilst I'm (very) grateful it got me going, I couldn't help but think... "F-me, this is PROGRESS = A cheap-nasty lookin' plastic box & dial that's replaced my once beautiful, quality 'MADE IN ENGLAND' Triang-transformer..."
(probably in much the same way, that two-dimensional 'card' buildings on many railway layouts, have (sadly) replaced the 'three dimensional injection moulded coloured plastic' buildings that were so superior !

I "know" they do still exist, to a FAR lesser degree, as I've just purchased some cracking-good 1/72nd scale buildings, from what I believe is a Soviet firm (?), called "Mini-Art".

Sadly, I just couldn't find (& have yet still to find), my own Rovex-era P.5 ~ (which was deep-gunmetal all-over & in excellent condition for a 1966/1967 component)

So, as a precaution, "in case" I couldn't get the cheap & nasty looking "2016 HORNBY 'Made in china' Track/Pack & Controller" to work, I lashed-out on TWO (full-on), tested & WORKING P.5's
(Both bought from Railway emporiums & both guaranteed "workers", of which, I've since happily used both (all three, in fact), so, WORKING controller/transformers are not an issue as such ~ Not from a 'working' standpoint, anyhow).

I do realise that SINCE I put out my 'epic' sized opener, last-night, that I perhaps SHOULD have tried-out that 'scalded-cat-on-nitrous' (brand-new), 'class.31' in conjunction with my (also new) "Made In China" controller.

To be fair (in it's defence), despite looking rather cheap & tacky, as a controller, it DOES work bloody well.

John, thanks for informing me about the "too little resistance" factor, as it MAY explain that 'Railroad/31's "nutcase/nut-job" performance !!!!!!! :lol:

P.S, = I'm still using just a plain 15ft long oval, with 2nd Radius (or is it 3rd ?) = Put it this way, my Hornby Class.92 & (as of tonight), my Brittanias go round there with no problems & the 'Brahms' & 'Gilwell Pk' box say "438mm radius minimum
(they're ALL coping well, whatever power-setting, too).

P.P.S, two of the (small straight) tracks are points, but I've not used them as such, it was just to help make the extra-length.

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

Hi, welcome to the forum. If you're looking for quality ready made buildings, Hornby's skaledale range is out there with resin cast buildings. They're very nice, and a decent range can be had, especially on the second hand market where you can find things no longer in production, but they'll cost you. Personally, I think the card kits of today are infinitely superior to the old triang self coloured plastic injection molded jobbies.

Compare this:

With something like this from Metcalfe:

Here's a skaledale one for comparison:

But it costs nearly twice as much has the metcalfe one. At the end of the day it's a personal choice as to how much you want to pay compared to how much effort you want to put it. Something scratchbuilt is always going to be even cheaper, but obviously more time-consuming and demanding than a kit, which is in turn more demanding and time consuming that a ready cast item.
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
Hornchurch

Post by Hornchurch »

flying scotsman123 wrote:
Hi, welcome to the forum. If you're looking for quality ready made buildings, Hornby's skaledale range is out there with resin cast buildings. They're very nice, and a decent range can be had...

Personally, I think the card kits of today are infinitely superior to the old triang self coloured plastic injection molded jobbies.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice as to how much you want to pay compared to how much effort you want to put in.
'

Hi 'Flying-Scotsman' & many thanks for the warm welcome.

Actually, I managed to pick-up a coupla Hornby 'Skaledale' NISSEN-HUTS two years back, for a WW.1 Airfield display venture....
(which my elderly Father had in mind), but it never materialised).

He's the local Church-warden & they wuz asking for display items ~ However, they BLANCHED when I offered my "dug up from the Ypres-salient" German bayonets :lol:
(** German 1898 & 1905 pattern Mauser Waffenfabrik respectively )

Seems they didn't want the diecast Sopwith Camel & Neiuport.17 he'd bought either, altho' even I gave him a "verbal roasting" over buying THE bloody Red Triplane :roll:
(How bleedin' predictable !)

Clearly the local-church folks wanted a "clean & extremely sanitised" version of ANY World War.I stuff for display ~ Doilies & train-tickets anyone ?
(so we bailed !)

The neat li'l Hornby 'Skaldale' Nissen-huts have remained boxed ever since, tho' they absolutely PALE by comparison with the (superb) "Italeri Quonset Huts".
(Yeah, the Italeri Quonset huts ARE kits, but look even more 'lifelike' than the 'Skaledale' miniature equiv')

They look very much like THESE actual Quonset-huts (quarters), of the 447th Bomb Group at Rattlesden, Suffolk ~ home for the 447th's Boeing B.17 crews.
(taken during my very recent visit in the last fortnight)

DSC_1884_798pixels.jpg
DSC_1884_798pixels.jpg (262.01 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

I've also managed to acquire (last month), some rather lovely looking 'Mini-Art' buildings.

Mostly, these appear to be aimed at the Armour/A.F.V enthusiast, although I'm sure they'll sit happily alongside model-railway stuff.

(won't be building these just yet, as space practicality is currently a mild-issue, but my long-term aim is to add this stuff to a permanent-layout).

Whilst I acknowledge that 'card-stuff' has moved-on leaps & bounds in recent times, perhaps you & I differ on those particular buildings I mentioned.

While I managed to acquire the latterday equivalent of my ol' three-dimensional Hornby Church (latterday equiv' is R.599), I haven't with the warehouse.

It still rankles me that I (for the life of me), CANNOT remember who EXACTLY made that kit, of the "Cream & Black-angled-roof-warehouse" (with guttering)

All I know is, it was bloody superb & quite frankly, I cannot imagine that ANY card-building (within the realms of 'sensible money'), could ever match !

Plenty of time ahead to scope-out other manufacturers (no doubt), before buying some 'Skaledale' or Bachmann architecture (I'm smitten with their chimney-stack :lol: )

Lastly, I wasn't overly impressed by the 'Skaledale' Airfield Control-Tower ~ Too "stumpy" & narrow from my moderate experience of those Towers**
(** I've visited & been inside many, over the last 3-4 decades )

One of the guys over on AiX ('Airfield Information Exchange'), almost spits blood when he refers to the AIRFIX Control-Tower, saying it's vague & represents nothing HE knows of.

However, it looks perfectly reasonable TO ME (in certain times & places, different 'dromes)

Whilst at the 447th's Rattlesden, Suffolk home, I naturally (& hurriedly), took a shot of the building I'd been inside, both earlier & after the base-tour.

DSC_1826_798-pixels.jpg
DSC_1826_798-pixels.jpg (215.63 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

Looks pretty damn similar to the (Elderly ?), AIRFIX offering if you ask me, but then, I'm not looking at blueprints, or going over it with calipers or in 'rivet-counter' fashion !

Only thing that became IMMEDIATELY apparent, is that they've ripped-out the old 1943/'44 window-frames & double-glazed the joint (!).

Whatever, the AIRFIX offering may be dated, but for me, as a lifelong 8th Air-Force fan & East-Anglian resident, I'd choose the AIRFIX Tower over 'Skaledale' anyday 8) 8)

trtjrtujrujrjurrvvvvx.jpg
trtjrtujrujrjurrvvvvx.jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

P.S, = I'm sure many, if not most folks on here will recognise THIS, the brilliant artwork of ROY CROSS, who depicted "Bit O' Lace", which lived at & flew from Rattlesden.