Hattons Relocating

What do you want from a model railway shop?
luckymucklebackit

Hattons Relocating

Post by luckymucklebackit »

Received this email from Hattons this morning, thought I would share it with the group

Edit to say that if you were used to taking a stroll to Hattons, forget it with the new store, if you haven't got a car you will have a long, long walk to this new location

Good Morning,

We wanted you to be amongst the first to know of the exciting new developments involving our store. Please find our official statement below:

“In September 2015 we relocated our Contact Centre to the Hatton’s Hub near Widnes, as part of a longer-term plan to improve the store. However, due to the current condition of the building at 364 Smithdown Road, this plan has been revised and the decision has been made to relocate our store to the Hatton’s Hub at 17 Montague Road, WA8 8FZ.
A temporary shop will be set up at the Hatton’s Hub from Thursday 21st of January, with unchanged opening hours. The 364 Smithdown Road store closes on Wednesday 20th January at 5pm.
During the next 3 months we will be introducing a new and modern store at the Hatton’s Hub that will have its official opening in April of this year, enabling us to provide the following benefits:

•Dedicated customer parking
•Full stock inventory accessible for immediate purchase over the counter
•Click-and-collect within 30 minutes
•DCC fitting on site (both standard and sound)
•Pre-owned trade-in and sales fully accessible
Major road links straight from motorways from all over the North West making us more accessible
•Space for demonstrations and social meet-ups
•All staff on site and available for help with questions

Our phone number will continue to be 0151 733 3655 and all other services will be maintained as usual.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you to our new store from Thursday 21st of January at 9am.”

Wednesday 20th January at 5pm: 364 Smithdown Road Store closes

Thursday 21st January at 9am: Temporary store opens at Hatton’s Hub

Monday 4th April at 9am: Grand Opening of revamped store at Hatton’s Hub

If you have any more questions then please check out our FAQ at ehattons.com/store. Alternatively you can contact us over the phone or via info@ehattons.com

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Lancastrian

Re: Hattons Relocating

Post by Lancastrian »

luckymucklebackit wrote:.......If you have any more questions then please check out our FAQ at ehattons.com/store. Alternatively you can contact us over the phone or via info@ehattons.com Jim
Also the area doesn't seem suitable somehow for a shop, maybe they have decided to become an online trader only.
Hattons Hub.jpg
Hattons Hub.jpg (89.65 KiB) Viewed 4096 times
This is the ares, I am pretty sure that this is their hub.
My Web Site Links: FGO & Boats and Canals (Forum)
luckymucklebackit

Post by luckymucklebackit »

The now defunct "Trains on Time" in Paisley used a similar style industrial unit to trade from, it was OK if a little basic.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge
Lancastrian

Post by Lancastrian »

luckymucklebackit wrote:The now defunct "Trains on Time" in Paisley used a similar style industrial unit to trade from, it was OK if a little basic.

Jim
According to their mail they are opening a new store but as you say it is out of the way, so I can't imagine much passing trade if any, and as for me, it is now a no no with regards to visiting. Fortunately Widnes Models in Widnes town centre is much more accessible, friendly and helpful.
b308

Post by b308 »

Morgans Computers did this a few years ago when they left Five Ways in Brum and relocated to an industrial estate, many, many break-ins later they shut up shop...
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I doubt the over the counter trade at the shop, no longer justifies the price of a property on a major route into the city. They happily admitted they couldn't hold a sample of every stocked item at the shop, and bringing the warehouse to the shop was impossible. The saving on accommodation costs should more than compensate for the loss of walk-in trade. Shame there's no longer any excuse to visit Penny Lane!
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
GeraldH

Post by GeraldH »

It's a shame that they couldn't have found a location even marginally accessible by public transport and/or bicycle. It will pretty much prevent me from popping in again :( .
Gerald H - BNR Correspondent :-)

My layout: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=28854
Lancastrian

Post by Lancastrian »

GeraldH wrote: or bicycle. It will pretty much prevent me from popping in again :( .
You can cycle there.
Lancastrian

Post by Lancastrian »

Halton Transport Service No 2 goes from Widnes to Halebank goes nearby.
b308

Post by b308 »

If you do a walking time on Google maps from the station about a mile away (Hough Green) it says it can't give you one... I don't know if the reason for that is that the main roads leading to the estate don't have paths so there's no safe route?
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

Fizinghall at Bradford are located in a similar location.
End2end

Post by End2end »

Mike Parkes wrote:Fizinghall at Bradford are located in a similar location.
So are Gaugemaster and in an industrial unit too which feels kind of clinical for a model shop, and although next to Ford station even the station is very out of the way.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
carnehan

Post by carnehan »

Its always sad to see stores move away from the high street to industrial premises, however, if it makes sound business sense it can only be good for the customer particularly if they will be able to carry more stock.

Albeit primarily an online provider, I visited The Model Centre outside Goathland so I wouldn't feel it much of a push to swing by Hattons new premises if in the area.

Paul
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Mike Parkes wrote:Fizinghall at Bradford are located in a similar location.
Aye, and about a 20-30 minute walk from Frizinghall station (about 10 minutes further from Forster Square), yet still a very nice shop, well presented etc, so these locations don't necessarily mean quite as much online-only-ness as you may expect.
GeraldH

Post by GeraldH »

Lancastrian wrote:
GeraldH wrote: or bicycle. It will pretty much prevent me from popping in again :( .
You can cycle there.
That's true, but despite having several cycling qualifications you would not get me to cycle along the A562 or A5300 dual carriageways :) .

Both roads also seem to be lacking footways, so walking is not an option either :( .
Gerald H - BNR Correspondent :-)

My layout: http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... hp?t=28854