Seaton Junction

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
THE CHIEF

Re: Seaton Junction

Post by THE CHIEF »

Nice mixed rake there :) Good to see some blue/grey stock. Its a staple of trains out of waterloo 65 onwards. Looks like nine elms have done a lovely job on union castle. But what happened to the route disks :D
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

The route discs must have blown off in the wind!

Strictly speaking 'Union Castle' was withdrawn in 2/64, so I probably shouldn't have used it for this picture. :roll:

Seen as though I have both Locomotives illustrated magazines, issues '12 and 99' on the Merchant Navy class I should have known better.
carnehan

Post by carnehan »

That footbridge looks superb markS&D as is the rest of the layout. Loving your updates.

Paul
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Please don't copy the following picture, or I will get shot by Ian Allan Publishing, but this is a photo of '35003 Royal Mail heading the Up Atlantic Coast Express in 1959':
DSC00840.JPG
THE CHIEF

Post by THE CHIEF »

markS&D wrote:Strictly speaking 'Union Castle' was withdrawn in 2/64, so I probably shouldn't have used it for this picture. :roll:

Nuts to that! Locos are withdrawn when I say so on my layout ;) If one was still about somewhere one the network then who's to say another wasn't :)
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

I like that attitude :)

I renamed and modified '35012 US Lines' complete with 5000 gallon tender to make '35002 Union Castle'. I wanted a series 1 loco, the only one that Hornby did was '35010 Blue Star' which has got the wrong tender.

I am hoping that Hornby decide to revamp the Rebuilt MN model in the future, and bring it up to the latest standards of detail.
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Here are a couple of pictures of the real 35002:

Fresh from being rebuilt.
6949348457_ff21b39e35.jpg
Looking rather grimy and sorry for itself.
35002.jpg
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

As an avid Bulleid Pacific fan, I had to share this video, its not mine, but I think its great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA5KQf3hBMw
THE CHIEF

Post by THE CHIEF »

Now that's how its done :)
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

For anyone who is interested, here is another short video of the layout:

https://youtu.be/0FBi6DpskEE
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Loved that video.
Amazing progress in what has been little over a year. It certainly puts me to shame.

Geoff T.
Fratton71D

Post by Fratton71D »

markS&D wrote:For anyone who is interested, here is another short video of the layout:

https://youtu.be/0FBi6DpskEE
Very impressive! Keep up the good work.

Tony
THE CHIEF

Post by THE CHIEF »

Wonderful :) Nice mixed livery rake. I was watching it and couldn't help thinking sod ballasting that lot!
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Thank you for the positive comments, appreciate it :)

I have took more video clips with different loco's, but some didn't work out too well.

Still a lot to do, scenery is far from finished, there is the branch line section to start on, the main station needs more details such as signs, benches and lamps etc. It is easy to get sidetracked and have a train running session instead of working on the layout.
THE CHIEF

Post by THE CHIEF »

With your renaming projects have you got a couple of Hornby Bulleid nameplates in the spares box? Doesn't matter on the name or if their a mismatch.