Alexandra's Workbench.

What are you up to on your workbench
kiwitram

Re: Alexandra's Workbench.

Post by kiwitram »

Mountain wrote:They look nice.
Aye, dapper little so-and-so's, aren't they?
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

Good evening all! I'm risking staying up late tonight and missing my train to Newcastle tomorrow so that I can share some exciting news!

Some of you know this already but... I've started a railway-specific YouTube channel of my own!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1eGyO ... 7tXGnT7EmQ

I hope to have an introductory video up by the end of the week, and will be doing some videos covering my projects, some railway history, railway walks, and also heritage trips. The Bluebell trip will be the first I'll record, no doubt, and should prove to be interesting! Of course, it could also go hopelessly, horribly wrong, and I may never upload a video again.

But hopefully not!
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Exciting. As long as you get to where you need to be... You dont want to miss too many trains!
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

I think she's only "risking" missing her train, I do that all the time! Reminds me, still haven't even bought my tickets for my journey home tomorrow for the summer from uni...

Anyway, looking forward to some content on your channel Alex. :)
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

Thankfully I'm waiting on the platform now for my train (direct, for once! ) Though I am concerned as a TPE service has just rolled past and there's one due in a couple of minutes... Hmm.

I've got my script prepared for my debut video, and rehearsed it a little last night. It went reasonably well, just a few tweaks needed. Learning the editing software is what's scaring me the most!

I'm only home from uni as I desperately needed a break from my family (it does make sense, I promise! I live with my grandmother during the year as she's nearish the uni, but visit my parents now and then) and thus came up to yorkshire for a time.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Missing trains can be a good thing, if I may quote Sartre (one of my favourite quotes):
“What sort of adventures?' I asked him, astonished.

‘All sorts, Monsieur. Getting on the wrong train. Stopping in an unknown city. Losing your briefcase, being arrested by mistake, spending the night in prison. Monsieur, I believe the word adventure could be defined: an event out of the ordinary without being necessarily extraordinary.”
Nausea, 1938

:)

Pete
It's the nature of evolution
The dinosaurs went to Hell
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

That sounds terribly romantic, going on an adventure (''we're going on a bear hunt...''). Hopefully when I'm feeling a bit more flush I'll do some travelling again. I say that, but I've never left the country! One day, one day...
Pete

Post by Pete »

There is an irony here that an engineer quotes Sartre and an English undergraduate quotes Simon Rosen (I do hope I've guessed right with his name).

8)

Pete
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

Pete wrote:There is an irony here that an engineer quotes Sartre and an English undergraduate quotes Simon Rosen (I do hope I've guessed right with his name).

8)

Pete
Almost! Michael Rosen was who you were looking for.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Indeed, and a fine author and presenter too, I'm a fan.

P.
kiwitram

Post by kiwitram »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyuwzlEijLo#action=share

Alex's latest video; an introduction to my Pullman projects!