DJH INFO?

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
glen brooks

DJH INFO?

Post by glen brooks »

Hi Lads, I have a small G scale in the garden but want to replace it with a o gauge set , made by my and of uk trains. I have made all types of models before from 1/16 tanks upto 1/6 and small kits too. I have been looking at DJH locos , they have one for newbies its a 0-4-4t LNER/BR G5. ITS K338, ANY INFO ON THIS KIT?? or any kits that are good for a newbie, thanks glen
Old Man Phil

Re: DJH INFO?

Post by Old Man Phil »

Hello there. I've been building O gauge locos for over 30 years and, although I am a scratchbuilder, I use a lot of commericially made parts to ease my building. At Shows, I have met a lot of suppliers and most of them...with the exception of DJH, will gladly supply parts to scratchers. However, the reason I came here today is to give you a link to a company that does a very nice range of O gauge kits and they are extremely reasonable. Trevor is a very nice bloke and always ready to help you with a Problem. http://www.modelrailways.tv/index.html
glen brooks

Post by glen brooks »

Hi Phil, thanks for the link, are the kits ok for a newbie? I am not great at soldering and the djh ones , some looked mostly glue kits with white metal?
glen brooks

Post by glen brooks »

Hi Phil, I have emailed them 2 times now and no come backs mate
Old Man Phil

Post by Old Man Phil »

Hi. I know he was at Telford for the 0 Gauge Guild big show 'Guildex' on 6th and 7th Sept. Most Traders that I know dont like being disturbed in the week up to the Show. It could be that he has taken a short Holiday. His next Show is on the 28th of Sept. at Banbury. You could try giving him a call on 01562 884800.