Dapol new announcements.

Discuss Dapol Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
kieranhardy

Dapol new announcements.

Post by kieranhardy »

Haven't seen a post elsewhere but Dapol have revealed they will be doing an LSWR B4 in OO gauge plus an N Gauge NER J72.

http://www.hornbymagazine.com/view_arti ... #continued

Will definitely have to get a B4!
Bigmet

Re: Dapol new announcements.

Post by Bigmet »

Heard it all B4 from Dapol. Wonderful products coming that will place them B4 all other OO makers. Believe it when you see it, and not B4.
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

That make you feel better Bigmet? :p

Hope they do it justice, I wonder how it will compare with Matt's he scratchbuilt a little while back...
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
b308

Post by b308 »

The 7mm narrow gauge lads are getting all excited about this loco, I only hope that they release the chassis as a separate item just for them! :)
sir hayden

Post by sir hayden »

Planning to pre-order this either later this year or early next year as I really need at least 3 shunting locos on my layout to organize the yard area to make it look decent :lol:. Mainly plan to get Normandy as I need a few preserved locos running on me layout to make it look nice, will look good with the GCR J11, GER J15, Midland 1F Jinty, Midland 3F, GWR 57xx pannier, GWR 64xx pannier, Midland Compound, GWR City, GWR Hall, LMS Beyer Garrett, & LNWR G2A :).
ParkeNd

Post by ParkeNd »

I read the Hornby Magazine interview with interest having spent my final 6 years before retirement in New Products Logistics Management. Despite the previously posted quite huge list of new products they really did slow down the expectations for 2014.

What caught my eye more than anything else was a re-run this year of powered N gauge Hymeks which will be the last before the tools are retired. They also said that O gauge is the priority for 2014.

They had very little to say about product quality other than they were very happy with it.
gromit54

Post by gromit54 »

The class 68 looks interesting as well for those of us more into the modern stuff, wonder how long we will have to wait of them to appear in the shop?
Mad dog gromit strikes again!!
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Bigmet wrote:Heard it all B4 from Dapol. Wonderful products coming that will place them B4 all other OO makers. Believe it when you see it, and not B4.
Dapol are reported as committed to a date, available on or B4 their open day, September 30th 2017. Cannot imagine that the Hornby Peckett coming out well B4 this item will have done its general sales prospects much good, it'll be mostly the SR interest only now, with the 'good 0-4-0T' slot taken.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

More of an 'unannouncement', latest from Dapol is that some announced product is not getting made in the foreseeable future.

http://dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=blog ... w.facebook

I am not in the least surprised...
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

thats a dead link. Have they deleted it I wonder?
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

Hmm, interesting! It worked yesterday when I clicked on it!
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

And it worked just now when I tried it.

May be you have to be a FB member to see it.
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

He's added a note apologising that the update was lost over the weekend, so mystery solved lol
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Dapol are making positive noises about the first B4s arriving on or by end of May 2018. This is quite a significant piece I suggest because Dapol now have their hat in the ring for three more OO steam models, Terrier, 43xx and 61xx.

And this is their first steam model sans Dave Jones, with his split chassis construction, coreless motor, gear coupled driven wheels and glued up mechanism access penchant, hopefully replaced by conventional and proven steel axle wheelsets, wiper pick up, coupling rods doing their job, iron core motors, and an all clip or screw together mechanism assembly capable of being dismantled and reassembled without the necessity of breaking and restoring adhesive bonds. There's quite a lot to get right in all that.
Mike Parkes

Post by Mike Parkes »

Slightly odd that a loco so close to release is a mystery when it comes to its mechanical specifications. Think the one thing Bigmet may be disappointed with is the motor as coreless motors seem to be the current in thing. The rest of the weird DJ arrangement is hopefully a thing of the past in terms of new models from Dapol. I do have a DJ O2 which is just about passable so long as you do not watch the coupling rods too closely and briefly had a DJ J94 which took the award for the most noisy loco I have ever owned. Done right their is nothing wrong with a split chassis arrangement, many overlook the Triang Hornby Rocket which is so designed and seems pretty bomb proof (apart from motors dying).