Ixion O Locos?

Discussion of large gauge model railway specific products and related model railway topics (problems and solutions). (1 gauge, O gauge, S gauge etc)
whynot

Ixion O Locos?

Post by whynot »

Anyone got either of the Ixions - steam or diesel?

There's a few available at what seems a good price of 225 quid - I doubt they'll get much cheaper so I'm thinking of buying 1 of each for when I "go 0" in the autumn! Worth buying?
Kentishman

Re: Ixion O Locos?

Post by Kentishman »

Morning whynot,
yesterday evening I spoke to a friend who's been the prime lead in building Tonbridge MRC's new O gauge layout, 'Westerham'. This was given its debut at Tonbridge's show on Saturday and had an Ixion steam loco in use throughout the day. My friend was delighted with its smooth, fault free performance and it's such a pretty little loco too. My friend was sufficiently impressed that he has now sent it off to be sound chipped. So far as prices go, I saw the Ixions on one stand for £225, but on the Roneo Models stand for £200, a 'show special' price. It may be worth contacting Roneo to see if something can be arranged, post event:
Roneo Models, 32 Roneo Corner, Hornchurch, Essex, RM12 4TN. E-mail: roneomodels@yahoo.co.uk or 'phone 01780 442836.
NB, I have no connection with this firm and have not dealt with them so can't comment on their service.
Regards
KM
whynot

Post by whynot »

Thanks for that, KM.
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

Morning Whynot,
I've just sussed how to upload an image, so here's the Ixion on the Westerham layout at the Tonbridge show.
Ixion tank at Westerham - Copy.JPG
Ixion tank at Westerham - Copy.JPG (304.52 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
whynot

Post by whynot »

Delightful! Thanks.
fatmac

Post by fatmac »

I have an Ixion, & it is very controllable; also have some old Atlas 6w diesels which run well.
whynot

Post by whynot »

Thanks for that. It's still a "plan" - come January, maybe!