East Kent Models

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Leader

East Kent Models

Post by Leader »

I placed an order with them on 28th January and I have not received it. Their phone number is dead. Anyone know whats going on?
Bufferstop

Re: East Kent Models

Post by Bufferstop »

The Last line says it all
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the home of Hornby Railways replacement parts.

To receive a copy of our parts list by e-mail, please contact us at

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
PLEASE NOTE: We will be closed for the Christmas/New Year holiday from 1300 hrs on Friday 20th December until 1000 hrs on Tuesday 7th January.
!!!!! BUSINESS FOR SALE !!!!!

OWNERS RETIRING

written enquiries welcomed to the above address.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Leader

Re: East Kent Models

Post by Leader »

In September 2012. East Kent Models announced that they were closing their shop in Whitstable High Street and moving to Joseph Wilson Industrial Estate. They also stated that the business is up for sale as the owners wish to retire.
I emailed them about my order of 28th January 2014 and was initially told that it had been sent. As I had not received it, I emailed again and I have received the following reply:-

Hello Mr. Leader,

Please accept my apologies.

I was evidently confusing your order with another because, having checked again, yours has not yet been sent.

The reason is that our telephone line is out of action at the moment so we are not able to charge the cost of the order to your card.

Allowing for your £20.00 credit, the amount to be paid is £120.00 as Bulleid bogie X9126 is no longer available.

We can not say how long it will take for the telephone line to be restored. If you would like us to despatch the order straight away, we must ask you to send us a cheque. Alternatively, we will leave the order in the system and send it just as soon as the line is back in service.

Apologies for the earlier confusion and the inconvenience now: we are in the hands of BT!

Ian Robertson
EAST KENT MODELS