RRRModels, Stow, Lincs.

What do you want from a model railway shop?
ramasay

RRRModels, Stow, Lincs.

Post by ramasay »

Does anyone know, are they still in business. I placed an order a couple of days ago, but due to their vague purchasing options, I now have two orders pending, one for BACS transfer which I can't do without going to the bank and one for PayPal which I don't have, although the PayPal link did not work. However the phone (order hotline) goes straight to voicemail (having noticed now its a mobile, Hmm.) and sent two emails one direct and one via the website, also left a few messages saying I wish to pay by card. So far no replys. There were some recent reviews on Amazon a few days ago if they can be trusted. I don't wish to proceed with a BACs transfer as there is no protection. Many thanks anyone.
ramasay

Re: RRRModels, Stow, Lincs.

Post by ramasay »

Day 3. Still no replys despite phone messages and another email.
andrewk

Post by andrewk »

No reply and a mobile phone as opposed to a shop address and a landline number. Seems suspicious. Don't use BACS.
ramasay

Post by ramasay »

It does seeem odd ,but the're an Amazon supplier as well, with feedback on there of items recieved today ordered this Monday. As its nearly £200 worth I will not be using BACS. I just wanted to clear my duplicate order up and pay by card. I will give till Friday lunchtime then email to cancel the order. Not sure what legal position is, but I would have enough evidence of LL and mobile attemps + emails to show due diligance in trying to contact them.
dubdee1000

Post by dubdee1000 »

There is positive feedback made on the 14th, 15th and 20th January on their amazon site
ramasay

Post by ramasay »

They contacted me Tuesday, so have sorted out the payment, goods despatched Wed., so waiting for them to arrive. Fingers crossed. Cheers all.
ramasay

Post by ramasay »

All arrived OK today and really well packed. Think they need to sort out their answer phone issues though..