Back to the lakes ( N gauge)

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lee

Back to the lakes ( N gauge)

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

For those that don't know me hello, for those that do I am back :lol: this is a layout based on the original layout I had a few years ago its been scaled down so the shed can be used for other stuff.

The whole layout area is 4200 mm x 600 mm so plenty for N gauge.

Its going to have hills, streams, lakes, woodland and walks and small villages but unlike the old layout will have a basic track system main lines with maybe the odd service areas I don't want it to complicating like the old layout due to the N gauge stock not running to well over all the mass points I had.

Right the framework and shelves are done got to get some curtain material to hide the junk, but apart from that the whole right side will be the layout.

The whole layout area is 4200 mm x 600 mm so plenty for N gauge

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Sunshine In The Lakes <<<<< Old layout no more

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)
mika

Re: Back to the lakes ( N gauge)

Post by mika »

Hi Lee,

good to see you back. That's still a nice amount of space you have there.
Looking forward to your new layout.

All the best,
Michael
My layout 'Sudbury-on-Sea'

My German layout 'Zinnroda (Thür.)'
Lee

Post by Lee »

Thanks Mika,

Had a few hours in there today finishing adding the entrainment system (monitor) and cut some base wood ready to play around with some track ideas before I get the jig saw out >D

I might go for a main line layout with a second layer with preserved railway then I can have a mix of trains going on.

fish plates and pins are on the menu :D

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

The fist one was a stunner, I am sure this will be a success too.
PinkNosedPenguin

Post by PinkNosedPenguin »

I like your baseboards - and with useful storage space underneath too. Looks like you'll have some nice long runs for decent length trains to snake along :)
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

And thanks

Yes my plans have not gone well in fact I have spent a good 2 hours staring at the layout to be like you say on paper it looks great so hard to get going.

I have actually starting getting some were I am going to have a straight run with a small station or siding area that goes into the one hill, there will be another hill the opposite side to hide them awful tight bends lol

Near the back will be a viaduct with a stream linking to the start of a lake and I will probably infill the middle areas with more hilly steam areas to break the flatness.

Hopefully if there's room will add a second maybe single or double line on another level.

Thanks lee
My N Gauge Layout.

LukeB

Post by LukeB »

I like your bike storage- definitely something I'll be doing when I get my own hobby room (wife allowing!). The two of us have 5 bikes though- that'd be a nice big layout!
joshing_man

Post by joshing_man »

Good to see you back Lee and looking forward to another well made instalment!

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):
Jimmy77

Post by Jimmy77 »

Hello Lee,

Layout coming along very nicely! Your n gauge track workers clearly work much quicker than mine! Will be a great layout for sure from your previous efforts.

Cheers,

Jimmy
My N gauge layout in the workshop
Layout
Lee

Post by Lee »

Thanks gents

Ok quick update started laying track left side but this lead to me needing to test it as I go along so into the house I went after a few hours, 3 hours later after realising I missed a simple configuration setting I've finally remembered how to set the damn railway software up wow that was hard work got there in the end well just got to get my thinking cap on to how to add points in there 8|

So track plan is started and managed to get a train working on the software will add the rest tomorrow

The work bench of hell

Thanks Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Lee

Post by Lee »

Howdy doo all,

Ok then so been testing the tight curves laying the track and pinning in place, the mini station and siding area is not layed properly as I am not sure how wire and add the insulation fish plates its been a while lol .

I am going to have on the right side of picture a straight track run, and the other side will be viaduct on a curve that curves a bit more with hills streams :D

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

Started work on the upper preserved line so far so good

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

upper track work in place and managed to run 3 separate trains together had to do a bit of fine tuneing but got there in the end.

Merry xmas all

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

Its defiantly good to see some trains going after all them years it feels good.

Not done much the whole house old has had the dreaded man flu we all nearly back on our feet so dragged myself out to get some chicken wire ready for the hillside building.

I have glued the tunnel entrances into positions and had a mess about with placing some buildings around to get an idea of what I am trying to achieve ( I don't really know but I am sure I will get there hehehehe )

The two ends of layout will have very high gradual sloping rocky hills with at one side will have a mill with streams coming down to the middle of the layout, there will be a few loco sheds in the area shown on the right with a little station of the main line, on the left layout side will have a viaduct within the hills and valleys and of course more water leading to a lake.

Have a great new year speak soon

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

So pleased to see you back with a new project Lee.
I know you're going to keep us entertained & learn some
new ideas, so 2014 is looking good.

Geoff T.