Model zone Holborn open AGAIN.

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Metroland

Model zone Holborn open AGAIN.

Post by Metroland »

happy days back open for few weeks now along new oxford street, :D
trainlover23

Re: Model zone Holborn open AGAIN.

Post by trainlover23 »

Now filing for Administration
james2k

Post by james2k »

trainlover23 wrote:Now filing for Administration
Hopefully it can be saved. I have bought many items from them.
Pannier09

Post by Pannier09 »

I went there on Friday and I would like to know is why is it so small and were are the Bachmann stuff I could only see Hornby.
HonestTom

Post by HonestTom »

Pannier09 wrote:I went there on Friday and I would like to know is why is it so small and were are the Bachmann stuff I could only see Hornby.
There were a few in the cabinet, but very little - if I only want Hornby, I could just go to my local department store or toy shop.
http://coarsescale.wordpress.com/for all your model railway-related rambling incoherence needs.
sub39h

Post by sub39h »

HonestTom wrote:
Pannier09 wrote:I went there on Friday and I would like to know is why is it so small and were are the Bachmann stuff I could only see Hornby.
There were a few in the cabinet, but very little - if I only want Hornby, I could just go to my local department store or toy shop.
indeed - if i were in central London and I wanted to get some Hornby stuff I'd just go to Hamleys or Harrods. if I'm willing to pay RRP on stuff (which I'm not as it's all overpriced imho) I might as well give myself more selection by going somewhere else.

that said, there was a chap who worked there who was very helpful. greying hair with a box beard. he'd moved to Stratford for a while during the relocation and he even remembered me when I turned up there once.
Leader

Post by Leader »

I
Last edited by Leader on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trainlover23

Post by trainlover23 »

Leader wrote:I went to the Plymouth Modelzone today. Notices in the window "Shop closing down" and "20% to 50% off everything". Inside another notice stating "No discount on Hornby and Scalextric ". Surely this is in contravention of trading laws. No, I did not buy or even look at any railway items
Hornby must now be very concerned as Modelzone was Hornby's clearing house.
I would think that the administrators know what they are doing don`t you ? Modelzone did NOT ACTUALLY own any of the Hornby/Scalextic stock as it was supplied to them on a sale or return basis, as Modelzone were a concession store. Also it is quite common for closing down sales to exclude certain lines so I shouldn't think any laws have been violated
poliss

Post by poliss »

Somebody must have noticed as I've just looked in Newcastle Modelzone and the sign outside has had 'Scelextric and Hornby excluded from the sale' added in felt tip.
Black-Marlin

Post by Black-Marlin »

It wasn't a question of 'noticing'.

The packs of posters that were sent out to all the stores were standard packs used by many businesses. Since different stores have different requirements, these must obviously be added by the staff - hence the handwritten Hornby & Scalextric exclusion notices. We were all instructed to do this when we received the packs. And spare a thought for the poor staff member in the Birmingham store who carefully wrote out "Excludes all Horny items"...!

Regards
Gavin
Assistant Manager, Modelzone Aberdeen
EE8CSVTMKIII

Post by EE8CSVTMKIII »

Will the store stay open or are closures imminent? MZ Holborn was the 1st railway store I ever visited, and even my globe-trotting brother fell in love with the place after I introduced the place to him. He's going there again in a couple of months but wonders if the replacement at Oxford street is still going to be there when he arrives...