009 Catalogues

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
redline41190

Re: 009 Catalogues

Post by redline41190 »

coniston wrote:Here is a photo of the actual Chivers model of Edward Thomas (unbuilt).
The original image of Edward Thomas must be a different kit I think - it looks much more detailed and slightly different shape in places (or it's had a lot of detail added!).
The picture used previously is of the O 16.5 (O gauge on OO gauge track) wrightlines version of the kit, which I used to have and then I mangled it... (ah well :roll: ). But the scale is much larger, though something similar should be obtainable in 009
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.
HenryBlue

Post by HenryBlue »

The 7mm kit pictured of Edward Thomas is the Early TR / Corris Type, there is a kit for this build/appearence in 009 aswell, again far more detailed then the Chivers, sold Meridian Models consists Whitemetal parts and fittings, fine brass parts including valve gear, the kit requires the bachmann 0-4-0. Chivers Finelines produces the kit for Edward Thomas in its current state.

Adam
[center]Image[/center]
Slowly Does It

Post by Slowly Does It »

Please keep the pictures coming for this thread as it's very useful. I've yet to build anything myself but will post when I do.

Stu
lamy

Post by lamy »

Where can I get a Graham Farish bogie motor from?
Couldn´t find it.

Lamy
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

This thread is very useful, and its nice to see a gallary of nicely built locos.

Here are some whitemetal kits from my collection to add to the list:

A pair of Peco Glyn Valley Tramway engines, built by my much missed friend Gavin Lowe.

A built up GEM varikit

A 40hp Armoured Simplex, not sure whose kit this is.

and a Hunslet, again, not sure who the manufacturer of the kit is but its a nice little runner.

Next on the agenda, a Vale of Rheidol railway loco.

I also have this kit, it appears to be a steam loco with skirts over its wheels, but not sure what manufacturer or prototype it is.

Also in my collection, but not a kit:

This is a Hudswell Clarke built by Paul Windle, seemingly out of platicard. Looks fantastic and runs well.

Looking like a beached whale due to a lack of monorail track at home, my scratch built Listowel and Ballybunion Hunslet monoloco, as seen in Model Rail December 09!
lamy

Post by lamy »

where did you get the 40hp Armoured Simplex from? It looks great. :?:

lamy
b308

Post by b308 »

Meridian Models, Lamy. But they haven't got an online shop, try this link to Nigel Lawton who does a chassis kit for it, he includes an email for them.

http://www.nigellawton009.com/MPD18.html
lamy

Post by lamy »

Thanks,I´ll have a look at http://parksidedundas.co.uk they should sell Meridian models :D
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

I aquired the simplex at the same time as the tram engines and pretty much all my wagons, but it was only a bodyshell. I aquired another built up from Narrow Gauge North and swapped the bodies around to make this (better one) work. The other has since been cosmeticly restored and is on display on the Museum of Transport. Apparently the chassis are rather hard to come by, mine has a good one but will probably end up with a kato tram chassis when it gives up.
lamy

Post by lamy »

Found the diesel at parkside dundas :D :D
price:24 $(can´t do pounds in Germany :oops:
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

The unfinished vale of rheidol loco from my previous post,

Is now finished as number 9 'Prince of Wales', in BR blue.

:D
lamy

Post by lamy »

Wow mate that looks great,nice colour.
I´m jealous :D ...made a peco james kit about a week ago ,doesn´t look as good as your train :lol:

Lamy

P.S:did you use a minitrix chassis??
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

No, its on an old Fleishman 2-6-0 chassis. I grafted on the back pony truck myself. It was only supposed to be a static model, but when i put the chassis on the track and it had some life in it, the prospect of making it a runner was too interesting to ignore!

Thanks for the compliments about the colour scheme, Theres too many green steam engines around, and I always though BR blue looked good on them. It's just something a little different.
lamy

Post by lamy »

Do you think you could use a dapol 2-6-2 chassis???There are so much good engines which need the expensive and rare minitrix chassis :evil:

Have you found yet what train the "loco with skirts over its wheels" is?
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

The dapol chassis is a whole lot more finescale then the minitrix one, but its a model of the same prototype so i guess the wheelbase would match. The only drawback I can think of is that the rods, wheel tread and spokes are a lot more finescale, and possibly less convincingly 'narrow gauge'. (that said the vale of rheidol locos have outside frames, so your not ment to be able to see the wheels at all.)

I havn't found out what the tram engine is yet, but i have built it up. I'll take a photo and upload it to see if anyone on here knows. It is a rather chunky thing, however, and taller then Prince of Wales.