pauls paint thread

Enter this forum if you wish to help the growth of New Railway Modellers.
tornado64

Re: pauls paint thread

Post by tornado64 »

progress on the 47 is slow it has been re wheeled and plastic screws now replace the metal ones to isolate the motor for dcc , preperation of this one wasn't the best but i'm working over someones previous work , it was reasonable work but shortfalls are becoming more noticeable such as mould lines on the front roof panels also this loco didn't carry a grey roof i'm going to live with the roof but other things such as buffers will be dealt with some heavy clagg marking on the roof airbrushed on and some dry brushing with windsor and newton artists oil paint for highlights

Robuk1981

Post by Robuk1981 »

What about the factory finish do you have to remove that or can it be primed over?
tornado64

Post by tornado64 »

Robuk1981 wrote:What about the factory finish do you have to remove that or can it be primed over?
usualy factory finnishes are reasonably thin paint to preserve details and can also be very hard to remove paint types as they are industrial formulations so usualy very tough to remove , so for a factory fresh repaint i would often opt for a light primer coat in white or grey more to hide the previous paint job than anything else but if using acrylics a primer will also give better paint adhesion
Robuk1981

Post by Robuk1981 »

Thanks was wondering about that. The 37 you stripped looked really nice after the oven cleaner lol.