Trident Trains

What do you want from a model railway shop?
The Seagull

Trident Trains

Post by The Seagull »

guys, here is onew that is well worth a visit. Trident Trains at the Dalgetty craft centre on the Crewe road....plenty of stock well laid out, with a friendly guy serving....you can even bring the missues and let her browse the other shops on site.....
numbnuts846

Re: Trident Trains

Post by numbnuts846 »

That shops not far from my inlaws. I go in every time im up. even the mother n law has been in and got me a few things
After 23 year gap i am back in the hobby i love and my son of 20 months is following in my foot steps
paulwhalley

Post by paulwhalley »

very good shop lots of stock good prices and he will try and price mach cant match hattons tho but as he is local to me i tend to end up there most weekends and end up spending lol
hiffano

Post by hiffano »

what town?
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay
numbnuts846

Post by numbnuts846 »

Not to far from crewe
After 23 year gap i am back in the hobby i love and my son of 20 months is following in my foot steps
D306Whistler

Post by D306Whistler »

I will check these guys out when I move up North later this year. Intercity82 on YouTube uses these guys regularly and has done a recommendation video on them. So I am looking forward to try them out ;).
Ash - A Thoroughbred Railway Fan ;).

60008 and D306 are the best Diesels Ever!
http://www.youtube.com/EWS60008
numbnuts846

Post by numbnuts846 »

Its a great shop. Ive spent a lot of time and cash in that shop
hiffano

Post by hiffano »

mm, when i was at uni in CRewe, their was a mosel shop on the road to Sandbach i used to visit, nice little place it was.
bit far to go these days though.
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay
paulwhalley

Post by paulwhalley »

could it be Haslington Models its that side of crewe
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Aye, the one on the Crewe-Sandbach road is Haslington models. Another great little shop, does some very good deals on a lot of items, and has been established long enough to have a decent flow of second-hand stock that's worth checking on regularly.

As for Trident, an amazing shop. A few of my colleagues comment that he tends toward the RRP end of the spectrum, but quite often I've picked items up there very reasonably. The presentation of the shop is always immaculate, clean, and well-organised*, and the owner is friendly and very knowledgable*. Not much in the way of second-hand stock, but again, if you go on the right day there's always a chance you'll find something you'll have.

*¹: It was here where one day I went in for some ballast and left with a Bachmann A1, solely from seeing it in their well-presented display units.
*²: I've listened in on his advice to customers on a number of occasions; he certainly knows his stuff.

Trident can best be reached from the A51 Nantwich-Stone road. It's part of Dagfield's craft & antiques centre, which may be useful knowledge as leverage, to give SWMBO to look around (not to be sexist, of course; just an observation of what I've seen a lot of blokes do there).
Steve Hill

Post by Steve Hill »

hiffano wrote:mm, when i was at uni in CRewe, their was a mosel shop on the road to Sandbach i used to visit, nice little place it was.
bit far to go these days though.
Always partial to a drop of fine German mosel wine but you're right, you can get the stuff at Tesco these days!
philnet

Post by philnet »

One more vote for Trident Trains.
The guy who runs it keeps it really well laid out and has been really helpful to me when I've asked questions (no matter how dumb they might have seemed!) about wiring up my layout.
The downside to the shop layout is that browsing is so easy that I always seem to come out with more bits than I intended!
http://modelshopsin.com - Find a model shop near you.