PeterH's Great Central themed layout.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
PeterH

Re: PeterH's Great Central themed layout.

Post by PeterH »

Over the last few months I’ve been working on and off on this 3D printed model of The Crooked House. Still need to do the lead flashing and eventually I’ll do an interior. For now though I’m happy with it!

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Just don't have a fire !!
Very nice model worked well.

Geoff T
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Characterful model. Are you going to have a couple of suitably crooked 'patrons' creeping up on it with inflamatory intentions?

(It's dropped out of the news now. Has anyone been nailed for Arson yet? It's got 'destroyed for insurance claim' written all over it...)
Phred

Post by Phred »

Nice work. :)
Just as well it's got 'The Crooked House' sign on the front. Saves all the visiting smarties pointing out where you 'got it wrong'.
PeterH

Post by PeterH »

It has been a case on one step forward and two steps back. Firstly I’ve treated myself to the Cavalex 56s, they produced a set based on the Farewell railtour which I was on so sort of had to indulge! Very best models. Took a quick photo on the layout…

…then pulled up the track on the outer loop…

I did have good reason though, gauging issues. Rather prototypically the Accurascale Manor couldn’t get through the platform as it whacked its cylinders on the edges! I had been meaning to do this for a while and have already corrected the inner loop. In a less destructive task today I have started rewiring parts of the layout to DCC which will continue once I’ve sorted out that missing bit of track.
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.