Moorcroft (St Anthonys): Infront Cat's Garden Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Infrontcat

Moorcroft (St Anthonys): Infront Cat's Garden Railway

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:09 pm

Well, I had decided to do some stuff on the railway today but the weather has been bloody awful. So, with obligatory coffee and fag to hand (cigarette not manservant of questionable morals) I knocked up a quick plan in the absence of my much awaited photos.

The main line is a double track with a station and a loop next to the branch line for my operating mail coaches. The branch runs from the shed and will eventually run into a bay in the main station...once it exists! As yet, the Main progress has been visually slow as it is the most labour intensive, namely the concreting (my poor back...) and the earth works in the flower bed area. Oh, and the erection of my sanctuary, aka the Shed/Castle.

Anyhow, the weather has perked up a bit and my spare labour (thanks Ben) has just arrived.

My Railway Blog

(PS, I would just post the plan straight on here, but I'm not sure how to! It's tough being a technophobe...)
Last edited by Infrontcat on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Raider

Postby Raider » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:28 pm

Nice plan - I have taken the liberty of saving it to my server so that it I can get it to appear in a post for you

You need the image on a server (which you have) but with the address ending in .jpg you then copy and paste that in to a thread and surround it with the Img tag as follows

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.crocushosting.sytes.net/photos/railway/infrontcat/trackplan.jpg[/img]

make sure there are no spaces or the image will not show up

Chris

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:53 pm

Chris, are you my fairy godmother or something? :wink:

Seriously though, thanks mate. It's turning out to be a nice day so it's full steam ahead in the garden at the mo. I'll post when there's progress to report!

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:05 pm

Infrontcat wrote:Chris, are you my fairy godmother or something?
No he’s just an around good guy :lol:

Welcome aboard Tim 8)

Lofty

BrotherWolf

Postby BrotherWolf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:30 pm

All I can say is Good Luck!!! That's some plan, be nice to see a shot of the garden.

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:31 pm

Looks a great plan so far , cant wait to watch this progress :D 8)

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:22 pm

Hay Tim

You need to get that Digital Cam out and get some pics. You said you would some months ago.

Danny

Postby Danny » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:44 pm

Nice plan! Get some pictures! Please!

Danny.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:02 pm

Martin mi old chum!

You need to get that Digital Cam out and get some pics. You said you would some months ago.

Aye I know. Kelly and I had a bit of a "to do" so things haven't been pressing on at such a pace. However, the industrial action (Work to rule :wink:) has now ceased and it's pretty much all steam ahead again. Beside's, I've had to give my friend his camera back for a bit. But it will happen soon!

Hope Levington's coming on well old chap

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Honeywell

Postby Honeywell » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:10 pm

Oh I see.

Martin is having an affair with some other man now is he.

How could you Mart. :cry:

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:36 pm

I'm just greedy lol But you are still my first love :?:

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:54 pm

Martin, you two (oh, sorry, forgot the wife...) three-timing gett...

People, before I head out into the Southend 'nightlife' (sigh), I wondered if anyone could shed any light on the topic of gradients. I'm looking at putting in maximum gradients of about 1:60. Never used them that extensively before. Am I on the right sort of track (pardon the obvious pun...)

Have a great Friday!

(Heads towards "The Cricketers for a healthy dose of 'salts'...)

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Well, I had intended to do some things on the garden railway today, but it's raining down like the proverbial coach party from Incontinents Anonymous. Just my blooming luck! Also, the boards I weatherproofed on Friday haven't dried, so I couldn't really do anything with them today in any case.

Anyhow, I did at least manage to re-wire a few things for the shed section. I also finalised(ish) the track plan for the main line next to the branch and have pretty much made up my mind about where the supports for the branch should go as it crosses the main line. Hopefully, the rain will hold up a little better next week.

If you are really bored, you could take a peek at my blog. It's not just railway related, but it helps me to pass the time on days like these!

WARNING: the language is a little 'colourful' in places, so please don't read if easily offended! Oh, and don't be confused: Moffy is my nickname from way back!

I'm off to my friend's house now to watch the Interlagos Grand Prix. Catcha later people

Tim

Blog

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:21 pm

Hello folks

Sadly, the photos are not forthcoming. However, the monsoon has stopped and I was able to at least go out and measure up and cut some timber. I've just about sorted the mainline section that runs parallel to the branchline next to the shed and hope to maybe lay some track tomorrow.

Mean time, here is Wilfred. He's quite literally the Fat Controller around here.

He's the first cat I got that actually lived with me. My real first cat lives with my mother in Wales. He's called Wilfred. Unless he gets in my way, when his other name 'Stupid Fat Animal' is the preferred option. He is a cool cat though and he sites train-hunting as a convenient and harmless past-time.

The sections highlighted in Grey are those nearing completion! Anyhow, my friend is copying my pics on to a CD, so hopefully post them here this weekend!

Cheers

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:41 pm

Infrontcat wrote:here is Wilfred. He's quite literally the Fat Controller around here.

Is that a typo :?: should he be the Cat Controller :lol:

Lofty

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”