Widnes Model and Craft Centre- Newly Opened

What do you want from a model railway shop?
theonlygomez

Widnes Model and Craft Centre- Newly Opened

Post by theonlygomez »

I have only recently discovered this shop.The owner explained it had only opened in April. It is near to Widnes town centre on Widnes Road and there is plenty of free parking nearby. Excellent selection of model railway items as well as other models including slot cars, plastic kits etc.
I was looking for something in particular which I couldn't find. It was ordered for me and I got a phone call on Saturday to say it had arrived. Great service. Its a long time since I have been in a shop and heard so many "wows" as youngsters walked into a shop. I thought the same thing but didn't say it out loud :D
Great to see a proper model shop.
theonlygomez

Re: Widnes Model and Craft Centre- Newly Opened

Post by theonlygomez »

Went there again today. Might as well move in :}
Got some great deals on Bachmann at the moment and even more stock than last time I was in. I'll be back soon.
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

Took your advice and visited. Proper Model Shop. Certainly well worth a visit.
sperojunction

Post by sperojunction »

I've had most of my scenic bits and bobs from here, you always get good service, good prices and a brew!

The range has expanded massively since they opened and as the previous member said they will try and order anything they don't stock.

Recommended 5 *****

Keep up the good work Barry and Gill.
D0260

Post by D0260 »

Is that the green painted double fronted shop on a junction, almost opposite the ASDA tower and signs?
sperojunction

Post by sperojunction »

Is that the green painted double fronted shop on a junction, almost opposite the ASDA tower and signs?
No that's the old hobby shop, that's been closed for a few months now. if you walk up the same road about 200 yds you'll find it.
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

Spoke to the owner today. Even more stock in than the last time I visited. They are having a late night opening this Thursday 1st December until 8pm. 10-15 per cent of Bachmann Trains.
callteg4

Post by callteg4 »

I was there today. I also did not know it was there. He did not stock any Ngauge track but told me he could order it in for me. They seemed a very nice family
http://www.ipbfunarcade.com 13000+ games to play 100% free
sperojunction

Post by sperojunction »

Just got back from Widnes models (again). The owner has got hold of a large quantity of pre owned Bachmann loco's and DMU's.

I've just picked up a central trains 3 car class 170, boxed for about a 3rd of it's new price, just thought I'd give you bargain hunters a heads up before he clears it all out.
As it was pre owned he even ran it on the shops layout to show me that it was all working fine. Well chuffed.
theonlygomez

Post by theonlygomez »

Bought a Bachmann 3 Car DMU I don't think its ever been run. Sold as used for £48. Cheaper than buying on Ebay and I got to see it run. I love this shop.
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

They are now stocking N gauge, Graham Farish and Peco Track as well as Metcalfe and Bachmann buildings.
chrisd

Post by chrisd »

Yes I agree with all the above superb shop and great value for money. Will deffo be going back
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

In there today when a "senior" modeller came into the shop. Heard him say to Gill one of owners, "how long have you been here etc" followed by ....."Have I died and gone to Heaven?". She said "are you talking about the shop or me and be careful with your answer?"
We all fell about laughing.
Sums the shop up really.
The Seagull

Post by The Seagull »

evenin all....recently asked Barry to source me a loco which he did, then he had a decoder fitted....all on the back of a recomendation from one of his regulars...only paid him when i collected the loco......could not fault the service or friendliness of the guy.....well worth a visit...
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

Have not been in the shop for some time. It just gets better every time I do. The owners Barry and Gill are getting more and more stock. They now have a great selection of N Gauge including track and scenics. Picked out my Christmas present and gave the wife directions even the item numbers. Can't go wrong, can she?