Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Have any questions or tips and advice on how to build those bits that don't come ready made.
Horologist

Re: Wordsworth Card Kits - FREE downloads

Post by Horologist »

Glad to hear you are ok Mike, the new VW sounds fun. You will now have to get a guitar and grow a beard! The water tower looks good, I shall give it a try. Your roundhouse will be my next build because I have just bought a turntable but that’s not installed yet. That’s the job for the current lockdown. Stay well. Oh, and a big thank-you for all the kits! Regards, Frank.
Robberred1993

Post by Robberred1993 »

Hi,
I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the kits. At 28, I am just starting the process of moving from my trainset, to a model railway. I have had some real ups and downs over the last 12 months (Haven't we all!) I was meant to go travelling the world with my wife, so we quit our jobs and then COVID hit! However I have recently found that whilst I haven't got as much space as I would like, being able to sit down and build these has taken my mind off the drama and has done wonders. I started with the School, have done the old church, the factory, the waterwheel, the loco wash and I am now finishing off the bus depot.

So, what I really want to say is...these models have helped me through a tough time, and I am so very grateful.

Best wishes,
Krish

Post by Krish »

Hello folks,
Just joined on here.
I came across Mike's card kits & have downloaded the platform and the canopy kits to start with. My layout is N scale and so have reduced the OO kits by 50% to approximate it to N scale measurements. It was fun building the platform and the smaller, 3 round legged canopy.

I am having a bit of a problem in understanding the 'Wordsworth Large Station Platform Canopy', 'wmrRS82_large platform canopy.rar' construction, hence requesting assistance.

I tried to look for it on YouTube but was unable to locate it. I did find a reference to the canopy on this thread, in one of Mike's posts dated December 01, 2013, but the Photobucket images are no longer available.

Would appreciate if some pics could be uploaded here to help me complete the construction.

Thanks,
Krish
N scale, Northern Virginia, USA
R.Daneel

Post by R.Daneel »

You might try searcbing through this site. I've been helped. Photos Mike has posted on projects.

https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/?list= ... =date_desc

R.D
Krish

Post by Krish »

You might try searcbing through this site. I've been helped. Photos Mike has posted on projects.
https://michael-martin.imgbb.com/?list= ... =date_desc
R.D
Thanks R.D., found it!
Appreciate the help.
Best,
Krish
N scale, Northern Virginia, USA
LoNER

Post by LoNER »

So I decided that the stone factory / mill would be a good base for a whisky distillery. two of the large buildings to make a malting building is the first step.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... 3Disg9kbxn
LoNER

Post by LoNER »

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nR715iaTU7AB2EUj9
Detailing stonework quoins

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3qcfFAtzU88TGoKV7
Base card structure for the key building, extensive use made of the stonework sheet contained in the factory pdf.
MarklinPeter

Post by MarklinPeter »

i TRULY HOPE THAT mIKE IS STILL WELL AND HEALTHY i AS MANY OTHERS MOST PROBABLY MISS HIS POSTS GREATLY AND SEEING AS IT HAS BEEN WELL ON TWO YEARS SINCE HE LAST POSTED I WOULD HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART THAT HE IS WELL AND HEALTHY.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I recently got a response from Mike (about a file problem in WIn11. I got the impression that he doesn't have so much time to devote to the site as he used to. He went far beyond what you might expect someone with a job, a family and a model railway to occupy his time. I think we should be very grateful to him that he maintains the site on-line. It's a wonderful resource for all of us.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
OOLiveSteam

Post by OOLiveSteam »

Mike. I hope you are well and still monitoring this thread.

Just discovered your downloads. WONDERFUL!

Please forgive me not trawling through 81 pages for the answer but have you (can you?) release the password to take your pdf's into Photoshop? I want to change some shop/pub/business names to actual local shops and also piece together your road/pavement sections to print on A3 to reduce the 'join' problem.

Its for a "Build a layout in a day" competition my Club (Burnham and District Model Railway Club) is running to get youngsters into model railways.

Thank you

Adrian Campbell
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

OOLiveSteam wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:17 pm Mike. I hope you are well and still monitoring this thread.

Adrian Campbell
Adrian, Mike has not logged onto the site this year. On his main website page at the top right there is a contact link. I would suggest that this would be the best way to contact him.

Dave
ianb26

Post by ianb26 »

Hi there,

Can someone tell me if Mikes webpage is still online or if there is a problem with it. I haven't been on the web site for a while, and I just went to look at it a few minutes ago and there was a message from "web server's default page for plesk"

Has he shut the web page down?

ianb26
ianb26

Post by ianb26 »

UPDATE.

Hi there again, Seems as though there was a server problems. I have just tried again and it appears OK.

ianb26.