Edgware GN, New loco's

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
manna

Re: Edgware GN, New loco's

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I've moved onto the tender. The tender is designed for pinpoint axles, but I'm using Hornby's red wheels, so a sub chassis has been made to fit inside the tender.

manna
Attachments
DSCF6937.JPG
DSCF6934.JPG
DSCF6932.JPG
DSCF6930.JPG
DSCF6929.JPG
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

Nice to see you back on the "wrong" book again.
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents.

The 'Wrong book' not sure about that one, I know I always do it the hard way. :D

Today I've been fitting the body and chassis together, the streamlining over the wheels and valve gear took a fair bit of effort, but I have managed it, don't know if the valve gear will work, we'll have to wait and see.

manna
Attachments
DSCF6939.JPG
DSCF6938.JPG
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

manna wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:14 pm The 'Wrong book' not sure about that one,
I used those words to contrast with your "strictly by the book" for the N7.

It's really coming on a treat.
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

With you now Ex-Pat.

The K3 I've been working on, has now been lined, taken me long enough to get around to. Just have to find all the bits I took off of it, so I can put it back together again.

J3 4100, has a nice new shiny tender, I'll have to tone that down a bit.

W1, has had a bit more done to it, the cab end was to low, Blue Tack raised it up a bit, but I have to find something a bit more permanent.

manna
Attachments
DSCF6995.JPG
DSCF6996.JPG
DSCF6997.JPG
DSCF6998.JPG
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

manna. I always 'pop in' and look at this thread. I admire your skill and workmanship.
Thank you for showing.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Back in South Australia. But this time I had the company of my son on the drive back, He flew into Townsville, where I picked him up, a couple of days later we started our drive back to SA, I haven't seen him for nine years, so the nine day drive filled us both in on what had been going on, I almost lost my voice.

He met his Grandparents, who are both in their 90's and a few friends and relatives. He flew back to London from Adelaide after three weeks, vowing to return in two years, for another 'Road Trip', this time to Broome in WA.]

On the Railway front, The J3 has had a new runningplate built, the original R1's Green runningplate looked wrong, the tender is almost finished as well. I've started another loco (as is my wont) A J52 is being converted into a J54 (?) a Stirling loco, without a Dome and with an open cab, a 'must have' loco after I came across a 'Top of the coal stage' view of Hornsey loco, showing a couple in the background.

I would also like to Wish Everybody a Very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

manna
Attachments
DSCF7018.JPG
DSCF7022.JPG
DSCF7041.JPG
DSCF7045.JPG
DSCF7047.JPG
captrees

Post by captrees »

Talking of South Australia, I always figured you had some connection with Mannahill? I pass by that lovely old station most years.
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Particularly like the Stirling tank. Sadly all the ancient open cab 0-6-0T were long gone in the period I model, but you can still 'see it' by squinting at a J52 'Humpy' I have often wondered if they got that nickname from the generous dome Ivatt employed when he developed his 0-6-0T from the Stirling design, which radically altered the outline.
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I'm going to see what I can make out of the J52, it'll give another shunter, I may revisit the J54 later( another model) to make a better scale model.

As far as Mannahill station, I've stopped there a few time, here's a pic from a few years ago, complete with Annie the dog.

manna
Attachments
DSCF2988.JPG
Phred

Post by Phred »

manna wrote:
Back in South Australia. But this time I had the company of my son on the drive back, He flew into Townsville, where I picked him up, a couple of days later we started our drive back to SA, I haven't seen him for nine years, so the nine day drive filled us both in on what had been going on, I almost lost my voice.
He met his Grandparents, who are both in their 90's and a few friends and relatives. He flew back to London from Adelaide after three weeks, vowing to return in two years, for another 'Road Trip', this time to Broome in WA.]
That would make a great story line for an Australian 'road' movie. I'd watch it anyway. You've even got the sequel (to Broome) lined up! 8)
manna

Post by manna »

Phred wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:17 pm
manna wrote:
That would make a great story line for an Australian 'road' movie. I'd watch it anyway. You've even got the sequel (to Broome) lined up! 8)
G'Day Phred

Yes it was a good trip, I rarely stay on Caravan parks, I know a fair few 'Holes in the Trees' where I camp sometimes for a day or two, but I can stretch this out to a fortnight, as I always carry plenty of food and water. Road Trip 2, may be a bit different as I've never been to Broome !

manna
Phred

Post by Phred »

manna wrote:
I rarely stay on Caravan parks, I know a fair few 'Holes in the Trees' where I camp sometimes
Wild camping! Youtube potential right there... :D
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Had a funny experience, last time I stayed near Bourke NSW. The wild Goats that live in the area are quiet tame and wander through the camp site. as I often leave water out for the birds and my dog, the Goats came in for a drink, so I was filling the bowl up every few minutes, one of them decided that there were to many around the bowl and ended up drinking direct from the spout of the kettle I was using. :D My son thought it was hilarious.

manna
manna

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

Now that Christmas and the New Year are over I'll get back into model railways, a little has happened with the J54, but the J3 has had a bit more done and a coat of Black paint.

manna
Attachments
DSCF7055.JPG
DSCF7054.JPG
DSCF7053.JPG
DSCF7052.JPG