Bachmann 6 Pin decoders

Post all your DCC only problems, solutions and discoverys here.
Mirrlees

Bachmann 6 Pin decoders

Post by Mirrlees »

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience of these decoders ?
Tim Hitch
ChrisWV10

Re: Bachmann 6 Pin decoders

Post by ChrisWV10 »

Recently got one. (or 2 more accurately) and they didn't like being programmed by a select which may be the select's fault but responded to a reset from my dynamis and reprogrammed address ok.

supports back emf, short or long addresses, 14/28/128 speed steps 500Ma motor output. dimensions 13.3x10x3.5mm pin1 is marked with a grey spot. According to the blurb the manufacturer CV is soundtraxx.

Can't comment on long term reliability but seems to be working ok now with select.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Bought one to try in my Fleischmann N German 185 electric but it wont fit in the space allocated. Its too wide. Trevor
The future is farther than you think
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

Shedman wrote:Bought one to try in my Fleischmann N German 185 electric but it wont fit in the space allocated. Its too wide. Trevor
In my experience (mainly Steam tho) fleischmann N locos are a real pain to convert to DCC without chassis and body mods
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller
Mirrlees

Post by Mirrlees »

Thanks for the feedback.

I got 2 to fit into a BachFar 108 and I get no motor output from either of them. The lighting functions work but that is all. The unit does work on DC.
Tim Hitch
BROADTRAIN1979

Post by BROADTRAIN1979 »

Hi :roll:
I melted one (my fault :oops: ) and one works ok and the other was so eratic :!: i dont think much of them. Still £16, what do you expect :?: and that blue plastic covering on them :!: Mind you £16 is alot of money, even for them.
Youll never find a 501 like mine.
smallman28

Post by smallman28 »

I got 3 recently and no problem with any of them.
Wouldn't pay £16 for them myself,got mine from Hattons for £12.50.
Railway Hunter

Re: Bachmann 6 Pin decoders 108

Post by Railway Hunter »

Re GF 108 with DCC, lights but no power - please note the DC chips need to be turned upside down, for some reason the socket is installed backwards, you can see on the circuit board that pin 6 is located where pin 1 is usally located!
Railway Hunter

Bachmann 6 Pin decoders / Hornby Select

Post by Railway Hunter »

Hi

I have bought 6 of the blue 6 pin decoders. 3 work fine the other 3 partially work, lights etc but there is no sensitivity when accelerating trains run full speed or stop. Have swapped decoders around on 37s, 47s and 24 and can confirm that the fault lies with the decoders not the engines - any advice? can a decoder be reset with a Hornby Select?

Thanks
BROADTRAIN1979

Post by BROADTRAIN1979 »

Hi
So im not imagining things then :roll: as i said, bought three of these and they did not like my farishes :(
locoworks

Post by locoworks »

BROADTRAIN1979 wrote:Hi
So im not imagining things then :roll: as i said, bought three of these and they did not like my farishes :(
more like they wouldn't like anything!, no need to blame the loco's. lenz mini's are well spec'd and i've never had a bad one. i would also use the digitrax DZ125,i have had a bad one of those but it was from the first batch imported. no issues with later purchases.
ChrisWV10

Re: Bachmann 6 Pin decoders / Hornby Select

Post by ChrisWV10 »

Railway Hunter wrote:Hi

I can a decoder be reset with a Hornby Select?

Thanks
No. You need to program CV 8 with the value 8 to reset the decoder and the Select can't program CVs. Elite, Dynamis, NCE powercab, Digitrax zephyr all program CVs. Dynamis can't read them back but it is the cheapest of the 4 mentioned. £76 unboxed from Hattons currently - split from a set I believe so still new.
BROADTRAIN1979

Post by BROADTRAIN1979 »

Im thinking of getting the lok sound mini- decoders, that ive heard, fit the farish 6pin locos, but they are not cheap! at around £100 or so ,but sound would be great and more realistic. Better start saving my pennies then :wink:
THE CHIEF

Post by THE CHIEF »

Ive used the loksound minis. They do fit but you need to change the speaker to a smaller one. Worth it though :)
Rambocat1974

Post by Rambocat1974 »

Hi folks
This is my first post so please be gentle with me!!!

I've installed 2 of the new Bachmann chips in a new Farish class 150 and although the motor works fine, the lights are not working correctly as when travelling forward, both ends have white head lights and when going backwards, both are showing red tail lights.

Any ideas of how to fix would be appreciated.

R