Long Newton: BR 1980ish - 1993 in N

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
montyburns1982

Re: Long Newton: BR 1980ish - 1993 in N

Post by montyburns1982 »

rebeltrucker wrote:I really like this layout, especially its era. Im kind of heading towards the same thing and modelling the 80's in general.
Liking the Deltic too. Looks the part.

Oh and if anyone comes across one of those NSE liveried 50's for sale, give me a nod :lol:

Theres one on Ebay at the moment. Likely to go for a high sum though.
"The greatest fear is not that we set our goals too high, but that we set our goals too low and reach them" - Michelangelo
rebeltrucker

Post by rebeltrucker »

Ooo so there is. I havent looked in the last few days.
Tempted with that...ponder ponder...
Occasional Crank
rebeltrucker

Post by rebeltrucker »

Purchase made. If my missus finds out, im dead.
Oh and I bought a large logo liveried one at the same time, just for good measure, like.
Occasional Crank
montyburns1982

Post by montyburns1982 »

Good skills - how, pray do you intend to get it past the long haired Colonel without it being spotted?...especially as you bought another one at the same time!! :D :D
"The greatest fear is not that we set our goals too high, but that we set our goals too low and reach them" - Michelangelo
Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky »

Hey,

Where did you get the name Long Newton from? That's the next village along from us... And there is a Hartburn not far away...

Coincidence?!

Cool stuff, nice layout.

Timmo
ste234

Post by ste234 »

Flakmunky wrote:Hey,

Where did you get the name Long Newton from? That's the next village along from us... And there is a Hartburn not far away...

Coincidence?!

Cool stuff, nice layout.

Timmo
I used to go to Beavers at Long Newton :oops:
There isn't just Hartburn theres Fairfield, Bishopsgarth plenty of names here around Stockton.
Mr.T is at Sheffield though :wink:
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
MrT

Post by MrT »

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. A bit more work has been done but nothing really worth showing.
Flakmunky wrote:Where did you get the name Long Newton from? That's the next village along from us... And there is a Hartburn not far away...
ste234 wrote:Fairfield, Bishopsgarth plenty of names here around Stockton
I grew up in Stockton - moved to Sheffield 10 years ago. My family still live there so I go back every month or so. When growing up, I used to go riding around Long Newton, Elton, Teeside Airport etc and thought I'd name the layout after the places I grew up in.
rebeltrucker

Post by rebeltrucker »

montyburns1982 wrote:Good skills - how, pray do you intend to get it past the long haired Colonel without it being spotted?...especially as you bought another one at the same time!! :D :D
They will miraculously appear on the layout over a period of time. Stealth mode :lol:
Im hoping she wont notice the NSE livery suddenly appearing in what is currently a sea of BR blue :roll:
Occasional Crank
50035 Ark Royal

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

Hi Mike what number is your NSE vac? Is it 50002 Superb or a different one?
cheers
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
MrT

Post by MrT »

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Mike what number is your NSE vac? Is it 50002 Superb or a different one?
cheers
Its 50002 - standard Poole model with Shawplan etched plates.
50035 Ark Royal

Hi Mike how good is your Mercig Deltic any chance of some close up pics as i am trying to decide wether i should go for the Deltic and renumber The Green Howards to Royal Scots Grey or the new Duff Titan and to renumber to NORTH STAR. As Westside is now a preserved line i am leaning towards the Deltic which most people say is CRAP.However the one you have looks fantastic and i bet is the pride of your fleet? Are the horns modelled in brass? As i said on another thread my heart says Deltic and my head says duff.
cheers
I
montyburns1982

Post by montyburns1982 »

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Mike how good is your Mercig Deltic any chance of some close up pics as i am trying to decide wether i should go for the Deltic and renumber The Green Howards to Royal Scots Grey or the new Duff Titan and to renumber to NORTH STAR. As Westside is now a preserved line i am leaning towards the Deltic which most people say is CRAP.However the one you have looks fantastic and i bet is the pride of your fleet? Are the horns modelled in brass? As i said on another thread my heart says Deltic and my head says duff.
cheers
I
Mikes Deltic is on the Mercig site...have a look at the Gallery - they have fantastic close up photos.

I own a Mercig Departmental Class 46 (97) its fantastic!

Go for any of Ians work, you won't be disappointed!!
MrT

Post by MrT »

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Mike how good is your Mercig Deltic any chance of some close up pics as i am trying to decide wether i should go for the Deltic and renumber The Green Howards to Royal Scots Grey or the new Duff Titan and to renumber to NORTH STAR. As Westside is now a preserved line i am leaning towards the Deltic which most people say is CRAP.However the one you have looks fantastic and i bet is the pride of your fleet? Are the horns modelled in brass? As i said on another thread my heart says Deltic and my head says duff.
cheers
I
Hello,

Apologies for the late reply - I was off getting married and going on my honeymoon. The Mercig Deltic is excellent and highly recommended. As mb1982 says, the Mercig website (http://www.mercigstudios.com/Index.htm) has better photos than any I could take on it. The horns are indeed brass.
ste234

Post by ste234 »

[quote="MrT"

Apologies for the late reply - I was off getting married and going on my honeymoon.[/quote]

You unlucky person :lol: :wink:
Only Kidding Mike, Congrats :D
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
50035 Ark Royal

Hi Mike been dying to ask this, in your avatar Mr T is climbing into a Vac from what i can observe is it no 6 Neptune? If so is this youre favourite? or is it just a random pic.Apologies if this is a realy dumb question :oops: i am just curious if i am right or not.It defintely looks like Neptune to me.