Andrews OO 4th Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Andrew09

Andrews OO 4th Layout

Post by Andrew09 »

Here is the beginning of my 4th layout, I started with a Triang train set way back in the 1950's my mam bought me for my 13th birthday, and it just snowballed from there, I'm now 66 and retired... Andrew
DSC01063s.JPG
DSC01063s.JPG (141.07 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
DSC01064s.JPG
DSC01064s.JPG (149.05 KiB) Viewed 4078 times
DSC01065s.JPG
DSC01065s.JPG (120.98 KiB) Viewed 4078 times
DSC01066s.JPG
DSC01066s.JPG (125.59 KiB) Viewed 4075 times
More to follow as I Progress...
Regards Andrew
ste234

Re: Andrews OO 4th Layout

Post by ste234 »

Hi Andrew, layout looks good! are you planning on adding scenery etc?
Cheers,
Ste.
'Springfield', N gauge Modern Era Layout
ollyg16

Post by ollyg16 »

It all looks nice and neat.

There is a big sign on one of the controllers saying "do not switch on". Why not? :twisted:
Andrew09

Post by Andrew09 »

Hi Ollyg16, I like things nice and neat, I don't go in for this ageing process and old time stuff, I'm tidy by nature, and the sign 'DO NOT SWITCH ON' is because I have members of my family that like to interfere with things that they should not, and this was during a time when I was working on wiring the points, I hope this answers your query, Regards, Andrew
Regards Andrew
Andrew09

Post by Andrew09 »

I havn't been around for a while, I am about to post some pictures to show my progress, so you will know why I have been busy, it's all comming along quite well, nearly finished, then I can start 'PLAYING' with it all, Regards, Andrew
nrm1.JPG
nrm1.JPG (92.45 KiB) Viewed 3473 times
nrm2.JPG
nrm2.JPG (100.4 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
nrm3.JPG
nrm3.JPG (83.1 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
nrm4.JPG
nrm4.JPG (69.72 KiB) Viewed 3456 times
nrm5.JPG
nrm5.JPG (65.95 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
Regards Andrew
Andrew09

Post by Andrew09 »

ste234 wrote:Hi Andrew, layout looks good! are you planning on adding scenery etc?
Cheers,
Ste.
Hi Ste, Yes I am planning on some scenery, but I am limited as to how much space I have, I tend to jam as many models and things in as I can, rather than have a load of open space, as you will see when it's all done, Regards, Andrew
Regards Andrew
Andrew09

Post by Andrew09 »

Hi guys, here is a few more photos of the rest of my layout...
nrm6.JPG
nrm6.JPG (48.62 KiB) Viewed 3439 times
nrm7.JPG
nrm7.JPG (69.38 KiB) Viewed 3436 times
nrm8.JPG
nrm8.JPG (108.16 KiB) Viewed 3435 times
nrm9.JPG
nrm9.JPG (99.12 KiB) Viewed 3432 times
More to come later, bye for now, and happy modeling... Regards, Andrew
Regards Andrew
mattmay05

Post by mattmay05 »

nicework, look forward to seeing more :D
- Youtube/bluebellModelrailway
- https://railway-modeller-mw.weebly.com/
- VECTIS 3D: mademe.co.uk/shop/vectis-3d-models/
daleks04

Post by daleks04 »

what point motors are those and do they go underneath the track?
Always face the sun...That way any shadows fall behind you...
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

have you ever had trouble with the hornby surface mounted point motors?
well you see, some of the point motors in the shops are faulty. For some reason, they just don't have enough energy to work. About 40 % of the Hornby surface mounted point motors are faulty.
The layout is looking great! Are you going to add a hill or tunnel in?

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
daleks04

Post by daleks04 »

are you suggesting that they are not a good idea?
i was thinking of getting some,

if they were falulty, couldnt you tell hornby and they would replace them?

how do you test if they are working, and could you use a car battery?

please reply asap :shock:
Always face the sun...That way any shadows fall behind you...
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

That's an interesting looking layout Andrew, there's plenty going on with the yard and different scenes etc, and very neat work with the cardboard buildings. I see you have a healthy interest in cranes, especially mobile ones! Looks like a fun layout, happy modelling! :wink: .
"A nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat! Know what i mean!? Eh? Eh?"
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

well they are a good idea. If they are faulty take it back to the shop. They do work well, but there are faulty ones around.

Hobby Boy
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
Andrew09

Post by Andrew09 »

Hi Guys,
Matt, A great looking layout, mine wont be as extravagant as yours, I tend to go for the more conventional and personal touch, you certainly have the touch.
daleks04, The points are Hornby and are mounted along side the points, I found it a lot easier, I have not yet got round to testing them all, I understand that you do get problems with them, but it's a matter of patience to get then set right and to have the correct operating sysem, like the CPU etc.
hobby boy, Yes, I have had a few problems but have always managed to get them to work, when I get round to testing them all, I expect the same problems with some of them, but patience is a virtue.
stumpy, Yes I like to show plenty of activity and I have cardboard buildings as well as plastic ones, what ever suits really, and yes I have an interest in mobile cranes, as I used to be a mobile crane operator for 'The British Crane Hire Corporation' until Maggie came along and decided to wreck the country.
I am finding it very difficult to find the necessary models and figures that I want for my pacific sites on my model, I am presently working on the firestation, more to come later, happy modelling to you all. Regards, Andrew

this is the model firestation...
Faller Fire Station.jpg
Faller Fire Station.jpg (64.65 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

Andrew09 wrote:Hi Guys,
Matt, A great looking layout, mine wont be as extravagant as yours, I tend to go for the more conventional and personal touch, you certainly have the touch.
daleks04, The points are Hornby and are mounted along side the points, I found it a lot easier, I have not yet got round to testing them all, I understand that you do get problems with them, but it's a matter of patience to get then set right and to have the correct operating sysem, like the CPU etc.
hobby boy, Yes, I have had a few problems but have always managed to get them to work, when I get round to testing them all, I expect the same problems with some of them, but patience is a virtue.
stumpy, Yes I like to show plenty of activity and I have cardboard buildings as well as plastic ones, what ever suits really, and yes I have an interest in mobile cranes, as I used to be a mobile crane operator for 'The British Crane Hire Corporation' until Maggie came along and decided to wreck the country.
I am finding it very difficult to find the necessary models and figures that I want for my pacific sites on my model, I am presently working on the firestation, more to come later, happy modelling to you all. Regards, Andrew

this is the model firestation...
Great Model fire station there Andrew, no fire station is complete without a tower and fire engines. :D
Can you also do more updates to keep us "more on track" on your layout.

Hobby Boy