800px Images now allowed

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.
taffy26

Re: 800px Images now allowed

Post by taffy26 »

Can someone be more specific about this entry of photos.

[img]???????????????[/img] . What exactly do you replace the question marks with to install a jpeg image from my files?

I notice somewhere that a program called photobucket is used, Is this relevant or is that for something else?
Thanks
Eric
Raider

Post by Raider »

You need to have the images available on the web - photobucket is a picture host (there are others) where you can upload your photo's and then put the URL for the photo between the tags.
taffy26

Post by taffy26 »

The penny has dropped.
Thanks a lot
Eric
hobby boy

Post by hobby boy »

Raider wrote:You need to have the images available on the web - photobucket is a picture host (there are others) where you can upload your photo's and then put the URL for the photo between the tags.
or you can always make a webs website, download the windows image resizer, resize to 800-600 and upload the photo on to the website in the photo section. After copy image location and paste it here in between the image bits.

Hobby Boy
I have this engine like the picture :) GWR 0-6-0 Pannier tank
Check out Andrew's layout Hookstoke Junction UPDATED! Should do more work as it's now the Easter Holidays :) After the holdiays are over, my layout won't get updated much Age = 15
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

Or use photobucket, no need to download anything just point and click. It even resizes as you upload
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller
Bushey Troughs

Post by Bushey Troughs »

Essex2Visuvesi wrote:Or use photobucket, no need to download anything just point and click. It even resizes as you upload
Exactly, Photobucket is the easiest way to go..................... (simples squeek) :wink:
COLIN.
“What experience and history teaches us is that people and governments have never learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it”

hedgefordpete

Post by hedgefordpete »

hi, i am trying to post a photo of my old n-gauge layout, this is just a test . pete[img]v[img][/img]
hedgefordpete

Post by hedgefordpete »

[img]0116[/img] this is the last try ......pete
m8internet

Post by m8internet »

The file needs to be online
The code therefore looks like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.websitewherethefile.is/image/filename.****[/img]
Glasgow Queen Street Model Railway layout : modern image N gauge using DCC
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

A Tip for anyone who is struggling with inserting images and other bits into a post.

When you see something like you want to achieve click on quote and you will see what the code to do it looks like.
I wanted to use meaningfull names instead of URLs for links. By looking at someone else's code I discovered how its done*.
When you've examined what's in the quote click on the back arrow so as not to post it.
Give it a try

If you're interested the code looks like this (I've left off the opening and closing brackets so you can see it)
URL=http://www.someurl.or.other/] click here[/URL
it looks like this
click here
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
1977joey

Post by 1977joey »

hi,
have been trying to post more pics on my thread today to keep getting this 'Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached' message?
My pictures are 700 x 525 pixels as ive used throughout the thread.....
Any ideas guys? :|
poliss

Post by poliss »

It means the forum is full and the mods may have to delete some images or find more space.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Pollis, I'd assumed that there was a limit either in bytes or files that can be attached to a single post. But I would always recommend using a free hosting site, as it keeps down the size of each posting, a series of one line [img] tags rather than a series of large graphics files, which take up space paid for by the sites owners.
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
iWebrum

Post by iWebrum »

How do you put images into your posts? I tried attaching and my file was too big, if this is the right way how do I resize the image so it can go in and I take it this puts the image into the text?

Thanks for any help!
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Hi iwebrum,

You need to lodge your photos on a site like photobucket, or youtube, or several others I don't know about.
I always found it a bit of a confusing start finding my way around, but you get web space free.
When you place your pictures in photobucket it will reduce the size to that accepted by NRM.
Underneath a photo there is a drop-down box and you 'copy' the image code and 'paste' that into
the body of your text ...... job done.
If you look around for threads on posting photos you'll no doubt find better explanations than that I've given !!

Geoff T.