Multiple Image Upload

Post anything here that is related to taking Railway Photographs!

Moderator: saslord

saslord
Site Admin

Multiple Image Upload

Post by saslord »

You can now upload up to 5 images at once at www.railwaypictures.co.uk

Simply login/register and you will see the multi-upload button next to the single upload button at the top right hand corner of each category.

This should make it much easier and quicker to upload your images.

I am also working on a personal image section for you to show off your own collection.

Regards

Simon
baykal

Post by baykal »

Hi Danny,

See what I mean.You go all the trouble of browsing, writing comments under images, writing descriptions... going thru that verification ( still do not understand why its necessary.) and when you press the submit button you are asked to start all over again ! Its frustrating.
I have no argument about the sites contents its great ,only the process of uploading.

Baykal
baykal

Post by baykal »

Danny,

I am a member!

Baykal
baykal

Post by baykal »

Well explained.

Baykal
Fred

Image uploads

Post by Fred »

It's standard to verify, and it's to stop the idiots of this world trying to upload pictures that may not be relevant, and there are some out there.

I don't mind the pictures being checked - but I share your frustration at trying to work out what the sqiggly letters are in that box. I reckon 50% of my uploads bounce first time :?

However, I enjoy this site - it has variety.
Fred
giles

Re: Multiple Image Upload

Post by giles »

Hi folks, My registration has been accepted on railwaypictures ......etc.And I have a valid user name & password,but I keep getting invalid user name or password come up! whats happening?cant even sign in.
Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Hi Giles,

To be honest I know nothing about RailwayPictures other than it is owned (I think) by Simon who also owns this forum.

Probably the best thing to do is drop an email to: info@railwaypictures.co.uk
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

saslord wrote:You can now upload up to 5 images at once at http://www.railwaypictures.co.uk

Simply login/register and you will see the multi-upload button next to the single upload button at the top right hand corner of each category.

This should make it much easier and quicker to upload your images.

I am also working on a personal image section for you to show off your own collection.

Regards

Simon
I recently tried to upload 7 photos into Real World Railways, but received the message that there is a maximum of 5 allowed.

Yet I see more than 5 in individual Layout posts and in the Photo thread.

Is it the case that a maximum of 5 applies to some sections but not others, or is it a case of uploading 5 to start with and immediately follow with another 5?

Cheers,

Mike
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

Hi Mike,

do you mean on this forums layouts section? some people use external image hosts to upload images (i use Flicker) this lets you upload as many images as you want and in turn insert as many as you want into a single post
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

Thanks Alex - maybe that is the answer - it was actually seeing your latest post in the Layouts section that prompted me to ask - but it would be interesting to know if you can do an initial 5 then follow on with a further 5.
Admin4

Post by Admin4 »

you should be able to as i believe the limit is per post so for each batch of 5 images try creating a new post

i take my images from my iPhone and I can use the Flicker app to upload them right from the phone but cant do that with the forum editor, Flicker also resizes them so its easier for me as i am lazy :lol:

if it would be helpful i can make a guide for how to use flicker with the forum?
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

alex3410 wrote:you should be able to as i believe the limit is per post so for each batch of 5 images try creating a new post

if it would be helpful i can make a guide for how to use flicker with the forum?
I realised that a fresh post would do the job but it's a bit of a pain to do so - I might experiment on uploading 2 separate batches of 5.

Thanks for the offer of a guide - I think that might already exist somewhere.