my new layout underconstruction called laira

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
lairadepot

my new layout underconstruction called laira

Post by lairadepot »

hi all i am new to the site and i am looking for help on how to make my layout a better one whilst the layout gets built i will post pics on here for you to see so you can give feedback and give any comments or suggestions.
here are some of the pics i have taken so far hope you liek and like i said if you want give a comment or suggestion
this is my control panel at the mo which as you can see is a hornby select contolling tracks 1 and 2 and a tasma twin controller which controls tracks 3 and 4 and also the depot arae at the mo
this is the main view of the station complex
this is the bottom end of the station and as you can see it has a tunnle which at the mo is used to hold bits and pieces so any suggestions of what i could use the top of the tunnle for
top end of the station
main lines and entrance to depot area
and a view of teh depot area under construction and main lines
bsa77

Post by bsa77 »

Wow, that's a massive space and you are very brave for having the layout at floor level, I'd have stood on everything by now!
lairadepot

floor level

Post by lairadepot »

as for being brave that i am not.
but i am just trying to make full use of the space i have and there is more space to make bigger if i so dared to but i have joists and pipes in the way so any help on getting round that problem would be appreciated
laria depot
feanor

Post by feanor »

I'm currently building a layout in my loft which has joists. What I did was put battoning between the joists and layed my baseboard on top of the battoning. The base board size is 8' x 4' which in N gauge gives me a nice sized layout on which to build.
lairadepot

joists

Post by lairadepot »

i would of put my layout on battons but its hard as i live in an end of terraced house and theres joists everywere.
but i know that when it comes to the detailing of the electrics i.e. signals and point motors that this is going to be a massive problem for me so if anyone out there that has a remedey for that then please feel free to help me out lol.
laira depot
lairadepot

more pics

Post by lairadepot »

here are some more pics i took the other night
close view of diesel depot
track view of main station complex
santene

Post by santene »

nice track plan by the looks of the station and depot i think youll end up somewhere
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy
lairadepot

more work done to the layout

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
just thought i would let you in on the work that has been done tonight on laira.
at least now the locos can replenish their fuel tanks as the diesel depot
this is an aerial view of the diesel depot
peak

Post by peak »

Nice start to your layout.
I look forward to seeing this progress!
Will you be stocking the depot with "Westerns" "Warships" "Hymeks" and "Teddy bears"?
I assume lairadepot is in the West!
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk
lairadepot

stocking issue

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
i am not sure yet what i am going to stock the layout with but yes laira is situated in plymouth in devon were i was born to my delight lol.
so if anyone has got any ideas of what stock to keep or what era then please give a suggestion
many thanks
laira depot
santene

Post by santene »

i would suggest modern modern loft layouts look very good with there long trans + youve got modern locos all ready

heres a link to a modern loft layout http://www.camelotjunction.co.uk/
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

lairadepot

first test runs

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
just thought i would let you see the first test runs ever on the track since it was powered up.
as you can see it is dark so i need to get more lights up there to make it look better and comments welcome.
lairadepot

extension plans

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
not much work done on the layout at the mo as i have been thinking of extending the base boards so i can make the layout about 6ft longer and so i can incorporate tracks 1 and 2 to be at a high level at one end of the layout.
so i will keep you updated on the new progress of the layout
lairadepot
santene

Post by santene »

oo 2 voyagers/pendilos im jealous

lairadepot

layout update

Post by lairadepot »

hi all
heres just a quick update on whats going on at the mo with the layout.
as i said yesterday i was thinking of extending the layout well it is being done more base boards have been laid to the full length of the loft and track were the tunnel used to be is now been pulled up and is starting to extend its way to the bottom of the loft and on a elevated incline.
pictures of the ongoing work will follow but wife has nicked teh camera for other things lol.
as to the jealous man it is one voyager and one pendolino but it will be 2 voyagers when bachmann bring out there new livery of arriva sometime this year so watch this space
laira depot