London loft build

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
lozstlouis

Re: London loft build

Postby lozstlouis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Hey Bufferstop - I have pushed a Bachmann Mk1 across the incline/decline & its not binding or fouling. My stock is 99.9% modern image so no kettles here. Its all post TOPS era diesels, multiple units etc. I had an incline on v1.0 of this layout of similar steepness - there's a pic of it on page 4 of this thread. That presented a problem only to my older kit... My weekend test should give me an indication of where this is going!

Until then - well its Friday tomorrow which = B E E R
OO in the loft. Lenz 90 making it go.

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:51 pm

How long before Photobucket renders all history gone??

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:51 pm

If you've got stuff on Photobucket that you don't have elsewhere, start getting it downloaded, failing all else, if your pictures are still visible right click them and save them to your download folder, you'll at least get them at the resolution they currently appear in. I've been looking at self hosting, it's BT's, crap upload speeds that would be the limit. Not likely to get fibre any closer than the cabinet, a mile away. Nearest cable TV is three miles away. There's an out fit called Airband that can give us however much bandwidth we want either way, we have line of sight to one of their main aerials, but it's strictly commercial rates, infrastructure comes free, they charge by the megabyte shifted. That's plan B up the swany, here goes for C v1.001.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

IanM558

Postby IanM558 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:24 am

I can see all the Photobucket linked pictures, has something changed?
OO Gauge layout in the shed - "Shedford"
Construction - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=50500
https://www.flickr.com/photos/imulford/

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Evening all. I haven't posted for a while. Busy at home & work. Went into loft today - same as I left it some weeks if not months ago. As Xmas break from work approaches I have promised myself I will re-engage with it all. We'll see. I also need to build a webserver so i can self host image files in this post Photobucket world.

PinkNosedPenguin

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Welcome back - hope you get your modelling mojo back 8)

lozstlouis wrote:I also need to build a webserver so i can self host image files in this post Photobucket world.

Or just open a (free) flickr account!

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Thanks PinkNosedPenguin - me too!

I did think about another online account. But the risk of someone else chasing the $$ and monetising their site in an aggressive way is a bit dull.

8vchris

Postby 8vchris » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:36 am

Just spent the past 2 and a bit hours reading this from start to finish, amazing work, really inspiring stuff!! I was gutted for you when you had to rip the first layout up, all those hours gone. Thats also a serious collection of stock you must now have as well, I'm envious. Love the idea of the hanging basket liner for grass, something I'm toying with doing on my own is a small raised wooded area to hide the trains as they go by, trying to make the layout feel bigger than it actually is, and your idea of the hanging basket innards should do nicely. There are quite a few other things you have given me ideas for, so much appreciated!

Did you ever work out which was better for the overall effect of dirt on the rails, painting before or after ballast? Also, in terms of photo storage, if you have a Google account you can use Google Photo but not sure about its BB Code etc etc for sharing, I currently use imgbb and it does the job nicely.

lozstlouis

Postby lozstlouis » Wed May 02, 2018 10:20 am

Hi 8vchris. Is that 8v as in 8 valves?

Not done much of late. Work & domestic life consume pretty much 99% of my time. That remaining 1% I seem to spend idling thinking about what I haven't been able to do in the 99% that I was doing something else. Anyway stop moaning me & crack on.

8vchris

Postby 8vchris » Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 am

lozstlouis wrote:Hi 8vchris. Is that 8v as in 8 valves?

yes, thats the one. Its my username for a few car based forums I'm on, my main vice/addiction/obsession is old VWs, one of which is an 8v GTI and the one I've had the longest.

js1975

Postby js1975 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Any updates on this?

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”