NSE - New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Video on page 4).

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Tank

NSE - New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Video on page 4).

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:42 am

Hello,

Here is a picture of my N Gauge layout called New SouthEaston. I've been working on it for about a year, and there is still plenty to do! One of the major things that I'll be changing are the background board - as I want to use the Hornby arched brick walls and then build part of a London suburb above it (which will hide the fiddle yard situated behind it). I will also sell the station buildings I currently have and buy the new Graham Farish buildings when they come on the market.

I have lots of signals, lights and other bits to fit long before I even begin weathering. So I should think this will be a lifetime project the way things are going, and I'm 25!!! :D

My main drawback from concentrating on the layout is making and painting rolling stock for the layout. I've renumbered a lot of diesels, and made a few ficticious liveried diesels too. Like a Network SouthEast Class 23, 31, 37, 58, and a full 125!

I've only posted a picture of one side of the layout, as the other side is a mess. :lol:

Thanks for looking,
Chris.
Last edited by Tank on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 am

I'm sure I ahve seen your layout before??
Have you got videos on YouTube?

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:51 am

i like it
would love to see more shots of the nse liveries
good stuff
cheers
michael

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:56 am

Thank you both. :)

No, I haven't got anything on YouTube...I'm having trouble with my SLR, let alone a video camera!!! :D I'll try and get some more pictures this weekend, and some of the models I've repainted.

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Your repaints look very crisp, NSE looks good on anything!

Could we have some close ups?

matthew-peter

Postby matthew-peter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Very good layout there. I wouldn't have known it was n gauge if it wasn't posted on the topic name.
MATT B.
If you need anything from york model railway pm me and I will try and help just pm me and i may also be able to get you discount.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks again for your kind comments. I've taken some close up pictures of a few of the trains I've painted. The Class 08's were my first two to repaint, and the 37 the latest. The 31 is missing it's bumpers and a little bit of white lining around the warning panel.

Apologies again for some of the blurry pictures.

MrT

Postby MrT » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Ah, I've stumbled on your fotopic site before. Its certainly different, seeing the NSE livery on 37's, HSTs etc - the Gatwick Express looks ace too.

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:46 pm

That 37 is pretty damned good!

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:15 pm

A nice layout there and plenty going on ... how many trains do you run simultaneously ? Is it DC or DCC ? Whats the overall size of the layout ? and final question - the long bridge spanning the platforms - is that a home-made job or an adapted Ratio kits or similar ?

I look forward to seeing the other side of the layout some time.

Paddy D

Postby Paddy D » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:39 pm

that repaint is amazing
how you do that?

callteg4

Re: New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Network SouthEast).

Postby callteg4 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Tank wrote:Hello,

Here is a picture of my N Gauge layout called New SouthEaston. I've been working on it for about a year, and there is still plenty to do! One of the major things that I'll be changing are the background board - as I want to use the Hornby arched brick walls and then build part of a London suburb above it (which will hide the fiddle yard situated behind it). I will also sell the station buildings I currently have and buy the new Graham Farish buildings when they come on the market.

I have lots of signals, lights and other bits to fit long before I even begin weathering. So I should think this will be a lifetime project the way things are going, and I'm 25!!! :D

My main drawback from concentrating on the layout is making and painting rolling stock for the layout. I've renumbered a lot of diesels, and made a few ficticious liveried diesels too. Like a Network SouthEast Class 23, 31, 37, 58, and a full 125!

I've only posted a picture of one side of the layout, as the other side is a mess. :lol:

Thanks for looking,
Chris.

Great looking layout mate I am just starting out with n guage and i think your layout is the same as what i am doing. did you take this track plan from the track book not sure which book it is

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:48 pm

SouthernBoy wrote:A nice layout there and plenty going on ... how many trains do you run simultaneously ? Is it DC or DCC ? Whats the overall size of the layout ? and final question - the long bridge spanning the platforms - is that a home-made job or an adapted Ratio kits or similar ?

So many questions! :D Glad you like it. Currently you can run two separate loops, but I plan to run the shunting yard on a third controller in the future. It's all DC - There is no way I could afford to convert all my trains to DCC, so isolation switches help out on that score. Size is approximately 75cm x 190cm. Yes the long footbridge was two Ratio bridges that I made a long time ago. I pulled them apart and adapted them to span the full track.

Tank

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:52 pm

Paddy D wrote:that repaint is amazing
how you do that?

Thanks you Paddy D. I just use Railmatch paints, a selection of good quality paintbrushes (Revell Painta Luxus), some fox transfers for the letters and a steady hand. Hopefully I can practice airbrushing some time.

Tank

Re: New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Network SouthEast).

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm

callteg4 wrote:
Great looking layout mate I am just starting out with n guage and i think your layout is the same as what i am doing. did you take this track plan from the track book not sure which book it is

Thank you callteg4. Yes, very well spotted!!! This layout is from the Railway Modeller book of N Gauge Track Plans - Page 5. The sidings have been changed a fair bit though to make it look like a busy yard.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”