NSE - New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Video on page 4).

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
User avatar
Tank
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Kenley, Surrey.
Contact:

NSE - New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Video on page 4).

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:42 am

Hello,

Here is a picture of my N Gauge layout called New SouthEaston. I've been working on it for about a year, and there is still plenty to do! One of the major things that I'll be changing are the background board - as I want to use the Hornby arched brick walls and then build part of a London suburb above it (which will hide the fiddle yard situated behind it). I will also sell the station buildings I currently have and buy the new Graham Farish buildings when they come on the market.

I have lots of signals, lights and other bits to fit long before I even begin weathering. So I should think this will be a lifetime project the way things are going, and I'm 25!!! :D

My main drawback from concentrating on the layout is making and painting rolling stock for the layout. I've renumbered a lot of diesels, and made a few ficticious liveried diesels too. Like a Network SouthEast Class 23, 31, 37, 58, and a full 125!

I've only posted a picture of one side of the layout, as the other side is a mess. :lol:


Image

Image

Thanks for looking,
Chris.
Last edited by Tank on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

m.levin
Posts: 1981
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:46 pm

Postby m.levin » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 am

I'm sure I ahve seen your layout before??
Have you got videos on YouTube?

mumbles
Posts: 1827
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:23 pm
Location: Kent
Contact:

Postby mumbles » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:51 am

i like it
would love to see more shots of the nse liveries
good stuff
cheers
michael

User avatar
Tank
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Kenley, Surrey.
Contact:

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:56 am

Thank you both. :)

No, I haven't got anything on YouTube...I'm having trouble with my SLR, let alone a video camera!!! :D I'll try and get some more pictures this weekend, and some of the models I've repainted.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

User avatar
PTmodeller
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire.

Postby PTmodeller » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Your repaints look very crisp, NSE looks good on anything!

Could we have some close ups?

matthew-peter
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Beverley
Contact:

Postby matthew-peter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:15 pm

Very good layout there. I wouldn't have known it was n gauge if it wasn't posted on the topic name.
MATT B.
If you need anything from york model railway pm me and I will try and help just pm me and i may also be able to get you discount.

User avatar
Tank
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Kenley, Surrey.
Contact:

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks again for your kind comments. I've taken some close up pictures of a few of the trains I've painted. The Class 08's were my first two to repaint, and the 37 the latest. The 31 is missing it's bumpers and a little bit of white lining around the warning panel.

Apologies again for some of the blurry pictures.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

User avatar
MrT
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 am
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Postby MrT » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 pm

Ah, I've stumbled on your fotopic site before. Its certainly different, seeing the NSE livery on 37's, HSTs etc - the Gatwick Express looks ace too.

User avatar
PTmodeller
Posts: 965
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire.

Postby PTmodeller » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:46 pm

That 37 is pretty damned good!

User avatar
SouthernBoy
Posts: 1753
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:01 pm
Location: The past: We do things differently there

Postby SouthernBoy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:15 pm

A nice layout there and plenty going on ... how many trains do you run simultaneously ? Is it DC or DCC ? Whats the overall size of the layout ? and final question - the long bridge spanning the platforms - is that a home-made job or an adapted Ratio kits or similar ?

I look forward to seeing the other side of the layout some time.

User avatar
Paddy D
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: ireland
Contact:

Postby Paddy D » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:39 pm

that repaint is amazing
how you do that?

callteg4
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: CHESHIRE
Contact:

Re: New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Network SouthEast).

Postby callteg4 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:41 pm

Tank wrote:Hello,

Here is a picture of my N Gauge layout called New SouthEaston. I've been working on it for about a year, and there is still plenty to do! One of the major things that I'll be changing are the background board - as I want to use the Hornby arched brick walls and then build part of a London suburb above it (which will hide the fiddle yard situated behind it). I will also sell the station buildings I currently have and buy the new Graham Farish buildings when they come on the market.

I have lots of signals, lights and other bits to fit long before I even begin weathering. So I should think this will be a lifetime project the way things are going, and I'm 25!!! :D

My main drawback from concentrating on the layout is making and painting rolling stock for the layout. I've renumbered a lot of diesels, and made a few ficticious liveried diesels too. Like a Network SouthEast Class 23, 31, 37, 58, and a full 125!

I've only posted a picture of one side of the layout, as the other side is a mess. :lol:


Image

Image

Thanks for looking,
Chris.


Great looking layout mate I am just starting out with n guage and i think your layout is the same as what i am doing. did you take this track plan from the track book not sure which book it is

User avatar
Tank
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Kenley, Surrey.
Contact:

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:48 pm

SouthernBoy wrote:A nice layout there and plenty going on ... how many trains do you run simultaneously ? Is it DC or DCC ? Whats the overall size of the layout ? and final question - the long bridge spanning the platforms - is that a home-made job or an adapted Ratio kits or similar ?


So many questions! :D Glad you like it. Currently you can run two separate loops, but I plan to run the shunting yard on a third controller in the future. It's all DC - There is no way I could afford to convert all my trains to DCC, so isolation switches help out on that score. Size is approximately 75cm x 190cm. Yes the long footbridge was two Ratio bridges that I made a long time ago. I pulled them apart and adapted them to span the full track.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

User avatar
Tank
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Kenley, Surrey.
Contact:

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:52 pm

Paddy D wrote:that repaint is amazing
how you do that?


Thanks you Paddy D. I just use Railmatch paints, a selection of good quality paintbrushes (Revell Painta Luxus), some fox transfers for the letters and a steady hand. Hopefully I can practice airbrushing some time.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk

User avatar
Tank
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Kenley, Surrey.
Contact:

Re: New SouthEaston - N Gauge Layout (Network SouthEast).

Postby Tank » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm

callteg4 wrote:
Great looking layout mate I am just starting out with n guage and i think your layout is the same as what i am doing. did you take this track plan from the track book not sure which book it is


Thank you callteg4. Yes, very well spotted!!! This layout is from the Railway Modeller book of N Gauge Track Plans - Page 5. The sidings have been changed a fair bit though to make it look like a busy yard.
N Gauge Ministry of Defence Depot:- Click Here
Old layout - New SouthEaston (now sold!) - Click Here
http://www.NGaugeForum.co.uk


Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests