Moorings Way mk2

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
cookiescrumble

Moorings Way mk2

Post by cookiescrumble »

Well, new year and a new layout. I made so many small mistakes on the other layout, it would be easier for me to rip it up and start again. And I did!

I've learnt so much from the other layout, maybe jumping into DCC straight away was a bit adventorous but worked out it in the end. I've also wired this one up differently, before I had too many insolating sections which meant loads of feeds that I didn't need. Also a bit more planning will hopefully see this layout work out well.

For those who don't know, this is an N gauge Modern era layout which is 5' by 3'.

Here is the trackplan I will be working to. It is designed so that it can run as a single track inverted figure of 8 or a double track mainline.

At the moment the station and the outer loop is laid. I will be needing some extra bits before I can continue due to the way that the diamond crossing will be wired. Also I've been having alot of fun with my Dynamis that arrived this morning so that has slowed thing down. Heres a few pictures of most of my modern image stock, aswell as this I have 3 RES coaches and 13 HEA Hoppers which are a mix of the 2 EWS variants, Mainline and RFD.

Class 60, 60052, with a short rake of TTA tankers.

Class 60, 60078. I'm considering getting some of the EWS beastie logos from Foxtransfers for this loco.

66's, 66135, 66610, 66522. Soon to be joined by 66200

Class 47, 47734 with a rake of OBA wagons, no idea what these wagons carry but they look cool 8) .

Class 47, 47832 with a rake of MK2 Coaches.

My current DMU fleet

Follow my N gauge layouts progress here on my freewebs site: http://www.freewebs.com/mooringsway/
TOM M

Post by TOM M »

hi :) cookiescrumble you have got a nice collection of locos and rolling stock

what is the 66522s livery the one with the light green front

thanx
Last edited by TOM M on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cookiescrumble

Post by cookiescrumble »

It's the Freightliner/shanks livery.
Follow my N gauge layouts progress here on my freewebs site: http://www.freewebs.com/mooringsway/
TOM M

Post by TOM M »

shanks :?: :?: never heard of that
Sprintex

Post by Sprintex »

Nice little collection of stock there, and the plan looks a good'un too. Keep us updated :wink:

Paul
B@rney

Post by B@rney »

I really like the detail on your layout board. Eg the nice smoothed edge peices that are nice and level with the sundela board inside.

Very nice .
smitstr

Post by smitstr »

very nice fleet in deed, will be watching the post and sorry to steal your post but:

tom - freightliner have one locomotive (66522) in mixed livery to show the co-operation of shanks waste disposal and freightliner.

peter
cookiescrumble

Post by cookiescrumble »

Had alot of fun today building a tunnel in one corner. This wasn't planned but hides those horrible curves. Heres a few WIP pics:

Mock Up:

and glued down:

and a few pics of a couple of locos:

56105 runs light engine out of Moorings Pass.

08585 is caught on the mainline with a crippled wagon movement.

I also bought 2 more locos, a DRS 20 and a Freightliner 47. But both need to be sent away to be repaired as they are crap runners right out the box. :(
Zanziba

Post by Zanziba »

Some nice stuff there!
Farken

Post by Farken »

very nice, what you going to do about the slightly shortened sidings that the tunnel is covering? will they still hold your full length loco's?
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

good to see you back, you not been around for a while have you?
your layout looks all the better for a rebuild and seems to have an air of a layout that will be more convincing, realistic and enjoyable for you
good work so far.
just thinking looking back at the pics though, do you need some sort of access for that tunnel? theres a gap in the mock up that isn't there in the glued in version.. is that piece glued or is it removable?
michael
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Hi CC, good to see you back fella

Must say that the new layout design is excellent. I agree with you on the tunnel. It is a great way of disguising curves that are a bit tighter than you'd like!

Any idea yet what will go on the top? Maybe a road bridge with access to the sidings alongside?

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
cookiescrumble

Post by cookiescrumble »

For the top of the tunnel, I have a farm planned. A dirt road with a Footpath leading to a Windmill (got the Lyddle end one from my mum as a joke Birthday pressie.) There will be 2 fields that meet, one with sheep and the other cows. This layout has worked out better, just got to get the diamond crossing wired up correctly so at the moment have a double loop. The yard area will have to be redesigned as I originally had no plans for a tunnel. As for the tunnel, I've removed that bit along the back so I can gain access. This morning saw some scenic work done, best shown with some before and after shots.

Before:

After:

cookiescrumble

Post by cookiescrumble »

More work done today, started to lay the sidings.

Overview:

Stabling roads

WIP wagon loads for OBA wagons

and a vid:

peak

Post by peak »

Very fast progress!
I'm impressed.
Also loved the vid.
The weathering on the bridge portal looks good.
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk