Rate the site

Welcome to New Railway Modellers Forum. Read the Introduction and Terms and conditions of New Railway Modellers model railway forum. Introduce yourself to the members in this section.

Rate this site

5 - Excellent
73%
4 - Good
20%
3 - Average
3%
2 - Poor
1%
1 - Very Poor
2%

Total votes: 296

mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Welcome to the forums
Currently on the rails with my camera
smallman28

Re: why

Post by smallman28 »

deltic0_3 wrote:I have looked,I have asked................
But did I get any answers...............NO
Tuesday October 16th 2007......subject type 13 s/box.
views 289.........replies BIG FAT ZERO(bar the reply I put in).Got the help I needed elsewhere.
Thanks.........but no thanks. :(
You can't help everyone.
If you only ever came here looking for help and didn't participate in any other way then you are always going to be disappointed,fullstop.
I am not hugely active here but seeing what others have done is a big inspiration for me so on that basis I voted "Good"
Phipps

Post by Phipps »

If nobody minds,then I'll happily put in a positive comment.

I haven't experienced anything but goodwill from the members I've spoken to.
Always happy to add anything(despite being very inexperienced at Railway Modelling) I've but received nothing but very positive,constructive & useful advice from the NRM forum.
Thank you once again for making me feel welcome & I'm happy to pay a visit once or twice a day.
Much Obliged
Phipps :)
Chuffer Chuff

Post by Chuffer Chuff »

I think the forum and the members here are great! I have found everyone very helpful and have given me very valuable advice and encouragement with the hobby! :D

I am soo glad that I joined here! It s one of the best things I've done!

Would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone here! :D
"You only get one chance in life, so make the most of it!"
rogACE

great forums

Post by rogACE »

i'll second that

always a pleasure to come on here and not see a load of bitches !!!

u wanna see the professional airline pilots forums,,,, eeek

what a load of girls :P
BULLEID IS BEST,
any help with modelling OO seaton Jct. exeter central or bournemouth west post-war br/sr steam would be cool, thanks!
jonnietheone

Post by jonnietheone »

Ive been looking at this web site for a while now and every time I see something new,loads of brilliant ideas,great site great people,Thanx[/i]
Martin71

Post by Martin71 »

This was the first rail forum I joined and I consider it by far the best. Just friendly helpful easy going people on here.

I feel comfortable posting here. Site is not heavily regulated and nobody is really bothered if your loco/carriage is the wrong era, colour or is missing 4.1 rivets.

I consider this the best site for me.

Well done to all for achieving this!

martin
edwardholmes91

Re: Rate the site

Post by edwardholmes91 »

This is the second Model Railway forum that I have joined, and I have to say it is by far the best! The one I joined presviously, not mentioning any names, was never updated, I was the last person to post for months on end. :( That is why I came here, it is brilliant! Most recommend to beginners and experienced model makers, as everyone can share each others advice and wisdom on the subject!
William Glover

Post by William Glover »

Good evening.

I haven't seen all the site yet, but what I have seen looks very impressive. I understand that the site is principally for beginners in model railwaying.

One thing that I have noticed, however, is a number of errors in spelling and punctuation. I'm not talking about the reader's letters, rather the 'official' part of the website.

By and large, however, an excellent job! Congratulations!

William Glover

I
Tremar

Post by Tremar »

I am very disappointed as I cannot find a way to contact the administrator responsible for the pro gramme that controls the posts. I had written a 100 word post on how to overcome problems on the Dapol Sound Shed, only to find that half of it has been cut of. There is no information on the length of an article, but lets you write and fill up the page only to find that you have been wasting your time..........Tremar.
sishades

Post by sishades »

Your experience is unusual as there are many postings on this forum that contain hundreds of words, thus I doubt the problem was anything to do with this site. But do stay with us and you will quickly find that it is the best railway modellers site on the internet. You will find that the members portray a good sense of humour and enthusiasm of this hobby which does not border on the obsessive like other sites, with the balance between the two being spot on.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
sishades

Post by sishades »

I must mention that I had to contact the administrator a week or so ago and he responded within minutes of my request, and my problem (of my own making) was sorted out. His online name is SASLORD and if you click on the members list you should be able to contact him.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
saslord
Site Admin

Post by saslord »

Tremar wrote:I am very disappointed as I cannot find a way to contact the administrator responsible for the pro gramme that controls the posts. I had written a 100 word post on how to overcome problems on the Dapol Sound Shed, only to find that half of it has been cut of. There is no information on the length of an article, but lets you write and fill up the page only to find that you have been wasting your time..........Tremar.

I have just checked the site options and it states there is a limit of 60000 characters. This should be more than enough for what you would have posted.

If you have the rest of the article I can add it to the part that posted.

Simon
wiggy25

Post by wiggy25 »

This is the first forum I joined not having a clue about model railways and learned loads!
I now have 4 layouts on the go!

I'm a member of the other forums and this is very relaxed and easy going, one of the others seems to get filled up so quickly with basically what amounts to rubbish.
1 minute the posts there, the next it's pages away!

I've also bought loads from Simon in the online shop, some great prices and very quick delivery.

Fantastic site!!
Terry1960

Post by Terry1960 »

It is a fantastic site, however I would like to see some clear instructions for photo upload.

T
They mostly come at night....mostly.