Seaton Junction

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
markS&D

Re: Seaton Junction

Post by markS&D »

Here are a couple of shots of the 'Shute Arms Hotel' and the hotel Stables in position on the layout, just waiting for the finishing touches.
1.jpg
2.jpg
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

That suits the scene perfectly! Well worth the effort. Fantastic photo showing it the other side of the station .
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Just something I put together over the last couple of weeks. A new station building for platforms 2 and 3. My original building was just put together from bits out of the spares box, and never really looked like the prototype. Hopefully this new version resembles the real thing much better.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Here is a link to my new video:

https://youtu.be/g5ytOK5FCZc
joshv8

Post by joshv8 »

Lovely work on the station building. Is it card? I enjoyed your video as well. Some of those camera shots positioned at ground level really capture the feeling of what you have created.
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

joshv8 wrote:Lovely work on the station building. Is it card? I enjoyed your video as well. Some of those camera shots positioned at ground level really capture the feeling of what you have created.
Yes, the building is made from ‘mountboard’ The sort of card you use to frame large pictures/paintings, it’s white on one side, but available in loads of different colours on the other.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

A lovely layout. Such a high standard of modelling. Well done.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Its been a while! I'm still going, here is another video, with some sound fitted loco's hope you like: :D

https://youtu.be/lVVd_ln_z6U
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

That's a luverly video mate! I do like long rakes and your layout looks huge! Not seen so many 3 wheeler tanker's in one go, ever! :lol:
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!
dan8400

Post by dan8400 »

Brilliant video. I really enjoyed it.

I love the through station and the variety of traffic. You have some nice long rakes, what size is your railway? Looks to be a good space.

Thanks
Dan
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

dan8400 wrote:Brilliant video. I really enjoyed it.

I love the through station and the variety of traffic. You have some nice long rakes, what size is your railway? Looks to be a good space.

Thanks
Dan
Thanks for the positive comments :D The available space is 28' x 14', which gives a length of about 22' for the scenic sectuon.
dan8400

Post by dan8400 »

That’s a good sized room. My shed is 20’ x 12’ but you’ve topped that! :D
I’ve been thinking of extending but if I’m not careful it’ll be never ending! Also the domestic government may not grant planning permission.

Lovely job on the buildings on this layout. Do you have a particular method of assembly? I’ve made some metcalfe stuff which is enjoyable, but maybe it’s more satisfying doing it from scratch?

Thanks
Dan
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Nothing particularly fancy, I found the mountboard that is sold in large sheets at places like The Range, is quite good for making the walls and roof, I tend to draw the whole 4 sides of the building out on the card, cut all the window openings etc out, then fold it all round so that there is only 1 join to glue together. It's simple but seems to work.

If you are modelling a real location, there isn't really any other option but to scratchbuild your buildings, if you want them to resemble the prototype :)
markS&D

Post by markS&D »

Just a quick one, a photo of '35003 Royal Mail' with 5250 gallon tender racing through Seaton Junction in 1959.
1.jpg
bulleidboy

Post by bulleidboy »

Lovely layout - the space - and that is required for a Bulleid Pacific with a rake of twelve attached - superb. Sadly my Merchant Navy loco's arrive at Wykeham just to be turned on the shed turntable, before heading back to Bournemouth, and then back to London Waterloo - well that's my story. I currently have twenty four M/N Class - only six to go! I really am envious of the space you have. BB