NSE making a start

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
50035 Ark Royal

Re: NSE making a start

Post by 50035 Ark Royal »

Hi Darren you asked me a question as regarding Repulse so here it is
Withdrawn 08/04/92(45th) Laira TMD Reason Main Generator
Last Passenger 23/02/92 12.55 Wat -Ex failing at Basingstoke with a Main Generator Flashover.
As regards Sir Edward Elgar i am glad you are not adding it to your fleet as not only because of the Hercules issue, this loco caused the Death of Ajax as 46's power unit and bogies were robbed to reinstate Sir Edward Elgar.Ajax was not only the last one in traffic in Large Logo but also with a black overall roof.It was Hellfire towards the end and very loud.It shound have been saved and not cut up :twisted: So for that reason alone no 7 would be at the bottom of the pile.
As if you had a choice between the two there is only one choice and that is Ajax R.I.P
Will you be adding Ajax to your fleet?
cheers
Ian
Favourite Class Hoover (Class 50)
Fifty Alliance Member shares in 35/44/49
Favourite all time loco 50035 Ark Royal
Grahame

Post by Grahame »

I've been making a little bit of progress updating a FarBach class 47 to NSE livery. Although there's stil a lot to do - orange cant
line, paint and put handrails back, reassemble glazing and other bits, detail buffer beam, weather, etc., - here's what it looks
like so far;

100_1335 x.jpg
100_1335 x.jpg (28.76 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
G.
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Darren you asked me a question as regarding Repulse so here it is
Withdrawn 08/04/92(45th) Laira TMD Reason Main Generator
Last Passenger 23/02/92 12.55 Wat -Ex failing at Basingstoke with a Main Generator Flashover.
As regards Sir Edward Elgar i am glad you are not adding it to your fleet as not only because of the Hercules issue, this loco caused the Death of Ajax as 46's power unit and bogies were robbed to reinstate Sir Edward Elgar.Ajax was not only the last one in traffic in Large Logo but also with a black overall roof.It was Hellfire towards the end and very loud.It shound have been saved and not cut up :twisted: So for that reason alone no 7 would be at the bottom of the pile.
As if you had a choice between the two there is only one choice and that is Ajax R.I.P
Will you be adding Ajax to your fleet?
cheers
Ian

Many thanks for that info Ian, blimey i thought i knew it all about the 50's but you are going to take some beating :lol:

I will hopefully one day be adding Ajax to my fleet in the large logo livery this was a tremendous loco 8) (R.I.P Ajax)

Thanks for the info Ian

All the best Darren NSE DAZ
Unleashing the toothpaste livery!!!Thank you for travelling Network SouthEast
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

( Quote:I've been making a little bit of progress updating a FarBach class 47 to NSE livery. Although there's stil a lot to do - orange cant
line, paint and put handrails back, reassemble glazing and other bits, detail buffer beam, weather, etc., - here's what it looks
like so far;)

Hi Grahame loving the look of the 47 (sorry Ian) cant wait to see the end result 8) are you carrying out the work yourself :?:

NSE DAZ

Re: NSE First trains at Shaftesbury

Post by NSE DAZ »

Hi thought i would post a little update :D Shaftesbury now has two main lines and a platform 2 half way though creation slow progress but a bit hectic at work at the moment :(

Just had a play around with the camera and took a couple of test shots of my 47 i am quite happy how they turned out.
The ballasting has also gone very well especially using concrete sleepers for the first time it was hard to blend them together with the ballast but i am happy with the end result :D

Here are a couple of shots of the first train to grace the tracks at Shaftesbury :wink:

Hope you all like will post some more up very soon

Many thanks Darren NSE DAZ
Last edited by NSE DAZ on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
50035 Ark Royal

Hi Darren very nice ballasting but poor choice of loco as this horror along with the rest of the class was trransfered to Laira and caused the Vacs demise :twisted: However not as bad as 705/714 as they went to Old Oak Common and started the downfall of the NWRA Vac fleet 50023/24/25/26/31/33/34/35/36/39.We already lost Implacable June 89 and then Invincible Aug 89.So i would like to see theese been cut up at Booths :lol: Knowing my look they are probably both preserved or worse still in service :evil: Also hate 530 and 547 as along with the other 2 from the May 89 timetable the Vacs diagrams went from 11 to 7 :twisted: At least 1C39 12.10 Penzance(so) was reguarly a Vac :D and quiet often 35 :D :D However on the 19th August 1C39 was a duff 705 yuck :evil: but the 11.05 booked a duff was 35 :D and it went back on the Night Riviera :D
NSE DAZ

Re: NSE First trains at Shaftesbury

Post by NSE DAZ »

Hi Ian, sorry to upset you just for you here are a couple of 50 045 in it's prime at Shaftesbury :D once again thanks for the information :wink:

Hope you enjoy :D

More updates soon

87 101

Post by 87 101 »

Thats a nice looking building in the background !! Looking forward to some more layout pics. :wink:
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

87 101 wrote:That's a nice looking building in the background !! Looking forward to some more layout pics. :wink:
Hi Dave, i am not hiding your station Building :oops: to be honest the platform has not been finished and i did not want to spoil the photo :wink: believe me when the platform has been completed the station (Shaftesbury) will be the focal point 8) watch this space!!!!!

87 101

Post by 87 101 »

Look forward to it. Track looks great BTW !! 8)
50035 Ark Royal

Hi Darren love the pics of Achilles :D my first one now sadly no longer with us R.I.P :( However we have the memories and with people like you running them on your layout.Achilles will live on.I will always have a soft spot for 45 as it was my first one for haulage. :)
50045 Achilles (r.i.p)
For your interest this loco ran from August to October 89 without the Achilles nameplates as Laira had run out of tools for refitting nameplates.
At Old Oak Common 50023 Howe was the first London based 50 to recieve the new darker blue livery and Achilles was the first Laira loco.It was also the first one to recieve the new West of England badge.When my loco Ark Royal was withdrawn in August 90 the bogies were transfered to Achilles and 35 recieved Achilles worn set.
However this proved very short lived as Achilles its self was withdrawn on 11/12/90 as it's power unit was reused in Temeraire(Although nothing wrong with Achilles :evil: )
Years Later the Fifty Fund when Achilles was scrapped at Booths got the original bogies back for Ark Royal and Achilles was scrapped with its original bogies.
Sorry if this is boring you
cheers
I
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

87 101 wrote:Look forward to it. Track looks great BTW !! 8)
Thanks Dave, i must admit i am chuffed to bits with how the ballasting and general weathering of the track went :D , at one point i was going to scrap the concrete sleepers and go back to using wooden ones as i was having a real hard time toning the concrete track work down.
All in all i am glad with the outcome.
50035 Ark Royal wrote:Hi Darren love the pics of Achilles :D my first one now sadly no longer with us R.I.P :( However we have the memories and with people like you running them on your layout.Achilles will live on.I will always have a soft spot for 45 as it was my first one for haulage. :)
50045 Achilles (r.i.p)
For your interest this loco ran from August to October 89 without the Achilles nameplates as Laira had run out of tools for refitting nameplates.
At Old Oak Common 50023 Howe was the first London based 50 to receive the new darker blue livery and Achilles was the first Laira loco.It was also the first one to receive the new West of England badge.When my loco Ark Royal was withdrawn in August 90 the bogies were transferred to Achilles and 35 received Achilles worn set.
However this proved very short lived as Achilles its self was withdrawn on 11/12/90 as it's power unit was reused in Temeraire(Although nothing wrong with Achilles :evil: )
Years Later the Fifty Fund when Achilles was scrapped at Booths got the original bogies back for Ark Royal and Achilles was scrapped with its original bogies.
Sorry if this is boring you
cheers
I
Hi Ian, you have a great knowledge of these beast's :D you really have done your homework :wink: , i can assure you that you are not boring me !!!!

Thanks all for your comments

Darren NSE DAZ
NSE DAZ

Post by NSE DAZ »

Just a couple more of the locos :D

50 011
47 711

Sorry not very interesting but i was going to delete them from my camera but thought i would share them with you all first :wink:

I will be posting shots of my unfinished platform later today!!!!

bizzyd6405

Post by bizzyd6405 »

some great photos there Darren, the network southeast loco's never looked so good :D i look forward to seeing the rest of your layout judging by the pics its going to be good.

cheers

Darren
see my NSE era layout Lordsbridge - http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=20810
50035 Ark Royal

Hi Darren Like your pic of Centurion but just a few comments, the loco was withdrawn before sectorisation and defintely never carried Nse flashes in the headcode box.Also it was withdrawn with the Black overal roof.However having said that it is your railway and layout so you can run what you like.
I am going to list alternatives for you of other locos you can have and as you have that horror 47711 :shock: i guess you are modelling the transistion period on The West of England Main Line so the locos you could have the Large Logo one renumbered to are (and this starts from May 89)
50009 Conqueror don't forget the dcwa stripes under the cab sides
50016 Barham with the black overall roof
50031 Hood (From May 89 to May 90 it was an Old Oak Loco) From May 91 it had a complete repaint by Laira to commemorate the 50th anniversary of sinking of HMS Hood
50033 Glorious (same as 31) modellers licence could be used
50036 Victorious was absoloutely filthey towards the end (Snowploughs)
50039 Implacable (Modellers Licence) Withdrawn before New Timetable
50046 Ajax 46 in headcode box one end Apr 91 both cab ends repainted.
DCWA
Theese locos have worked on the line either covering a failure or loco shortage
50004 St Vincent
50008 Thunderer
50015 Valiant (Snowploughs)
50021 Rodney (Snowploughs) (Modellers Licence)
50042 Triumph
Don't forget that apart from no 4 the paintwork on the other locos was pretty bad and most were filthey
50019 Ramillies also worked but this requires a mini respray as it was in the Laira Blue civil engineers livery.
Or you can keep Centurion :mrgreen: But also Hornby have got this wrong as it never carried the orange cantrail stripe in the standard Large Logo livery.
If you decide to renumber no 11 do not hesitate to ask for pics / info regarding the loco you choose as a lot had differences.
cheers
I
If it was me i would go for 031/036 or 046 .i have left of Achilles as you already have it.