Barchester

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
British Rail

Post by British Rail »

Corrrrrrr..... you don't hang about! Some lovely mechanical horse action there 8) !

Kindest Regards,

Rhys
ceedee

Post by ceedee »

Another couple of days and the trailers should be almost there Rhys. In fact I might just finish them off first before returning to the prime movers.
davek

Post by davek »

Fantastic scratchbuilding skills! Lovely to see the build up in pictures - good luck with them!
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Excellent work! Can't wait to see what they look like with the trailer and cab!
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267
ceedee

Post by ceedee »

A bit more progress with the trailers. The underneath support girders for the flat bed are in place and you can see the wheel supports which will be glued to the undersides of the flat bed and inside the support girders. These wont be visible when all is assembled. The wheels are also ready to be glued in place. The only things not shown here are the brake rodding, which was in the previous picture, and the mudguards which I will cut out and fix when the time comes. When the underside is complete I just have to add the side, rear and front planked sides. The sides and rear 3 plank and the front 5 plank. The squares of card are for the trailer swivel plate where it attaches to the prime mover. The trailer has to be able to be twisted to various positions for doing different jobs on the layout.

mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Coming together nicely Bob, well done!

Shaun
Currently on the rails with my camera
ceedee

Post by ceedee »

Now we are really getting somewhere and the project is begining to look something like I envisaged. The first picture shows the trailers with wheels fitted, front 5 plank trailer boards in place and, obviously, the mounting plates for trailer to prime mover, although you can't see them.
The brake rods are also fitted and you can just see them in a couple of the models. The press stud steering wheels are also a bit more obvious. They are the only things I have had to buy for these models, the rest comes from the wife's sewing box and my scrap card box. For 60 cents I have enough steering wheels for 40 more cabs or similar such use. Cheapskate or what?

This next picture shows the 2 plank side panels fitted, cab door handles and the mudguards in position.

Getting there chaps, getting there.
British Rail

Post by British Rail »

Fantastic modelling there as always! These little fellas are really starting to take shape now!

Rhys
davek

Post by davek »

They are excellent!
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

Now thats what i call Top Modelling :wink:

They seem more "life" like now Bob, they will look great on your layout along with those other Superb Scratch built items :)

Adam
ceedee

Post by ceedee »

Thanks fellas. Must admit I am rather pleased myself with the way they are turning out, especially considering how small they are and the condition of my hands and eyes. :roll:
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Excellent work there Bob, certainly puts some of the RTR lorry models to shame!

Keep up the fine work,

Shaun
Currently on the rails with my camera
joshing_man

Post by joshing_man »

What can I say Bob? A* - they are brilliant and worth the wait. They seem to have taken longer to make than your earlier models but they are stunning. Any time you want to make me a model feel free to do so! :lol:

I am so impressed - great stuff.

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):
westbrom

Post by westbrom »

Hi Bob, they look fantastic.

Neil
ceedee

Post by ceedee »

Yes they have taken longer Andrew and at 70 odd years old I am finding that the models take longer each year. Ah well, at least I can still manage them so that's something.