Hattons

What do you want from a model railway shop?
I'll_be_in_the_loft

Re: Hattons

Post by I'll_be_in_the_loft »

RuSH21 wrote:I plan to buy a whole truck load :lol: of stuff on ehattons, I am going to have to do it in parts starting off with some track...

See my ehattons wish list below
It may be a good idea to get some straight or flexi track to go with those curves or your trains could be going round in circles all day :shock:
My ebay sales may be viewed by clicking HERE.
Feel free to place bids, GENUINE bidders only please.
Bigglesof266

Post by Bigglesof266 »

Peterm wrote: Blimey ! (that's mild innit) I've just this minute received an e/mail from Hattons to say my last order's been packed, so hopefully our wonderful postal service will have it here before Christmas...... this year.
Yes, definitely time to get those pre-xmas delivery orders in to have any hope of receipt before Xmas the way things are going.

Nothing with Postman Pat -well, Patricia actually- today. Awaiting two more packages en-route from Hattons. One now overdue, despatch +16 days and counting. The other the post expedited item referred to in the initial warehouse move delay remark due before the end of this working week. Hopefully Hornby Magazine will also arrive before the week's out and save me the trouble of contacting them. OTOH, both Amazon UK packages also arrived yesterday, in double quick time. Weren't due until the 8/10. I had a suspicion what might be causing the holdup until they arrived so quickly. Now scratches head again! All rather a mystery really.
BluePullman21

Post by BluePullman21 »

I'll_be_in_the_loft wrote:
RuSH21 wrote:I plan to buy a whole truck load :lol: of stuff on ehattons, I am going to have to do it in parts starting off with some track...

See my ehattons wish list below
It may be a good idea to get some straight or flexi track to go with those curves or your trains could be going round in circles all day :shock:
I'm getting curves, just need some extra money - I 'wasted' it on Hornby Magazine Back Issues... :oops:
Peterm wrote: Hopefully Hornby Magazine will also arrive before the week's out and save me the trouble of contacting them.
And that makes it three people (and counting) still waiting for their Hornby Magazine :x
Phipps

Post by Phipps »

Love the Moggie Van & Anglia in the panda car colours.Might have an example of each myself :wink:
kennyGWSR

Post by kennyGWSR »

hattons is a good place for window shopping :D :P
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

How Do They Do It !
In the worst winter for nigh on 100 years.
I placed an order lunch-time Friday, they said they were busy pre-Christmas, but it wasn't urgent.
I always use First Class mail, I live in a village with the P.O/Shop only a couple of hundred yards away, so if I'm out I don't have far to go to retrieve. Where a courier could have their base a 20 mile round trip away.
Placed Friday
Packed & Despatched Monday
With me before 10 am Tuesday
Well done Hattons & Royal Mail !!

Geoff T.
I'll_be_in_the_loft

I always use 1st class Royal Mail too, I find it far more reliable than DHL etc. I placed an order with Hattons last night, email this morning says it's being processed today, I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives before Christmas even though I don't need it to be. I've never had a problem with them.
raistlin295

Post by raistlin295 »

I ordered a selection of freight stock from Hattons on Sunday. It arrived today by DHL. Can't complain there :)

Having been in their premises and seen the amount of work they get through I'm amazed at their service :)
Paul

Finsbury Road My Layout
I'll_be_in_the_loft

Well, what can I say. Ordered Monday evening and arrived Wednesday morning. Bad weather? What bad weather?
markh

Post by markh »

i think that hattons had runn out of boxes as on my second order it was wraped in a walkers quavers crisp box
some one had the munchies talking of muchines :lol:
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS
slackbladder

Post by slackbladder »

by madmack on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:55 pm
i think that hattons had runn out of boxes as on my second order it was wraped in a walkers quavers crisp box
some one had the munchies talking of muchines
My son and I usually have a little wager on what we may get next with regards to the packing. The latest package of my Class 25 was a bit of a let down as it was only bubble wrap under the string and brown paper. :cry: I have lost track of all the different boxes we have had. I am all for it actually, why not? :D
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd
I'll_be_in_the_loft

I think Quavers are quite popular at Hattons as I've had at least 2 deliveries from them in Quavers boxes.
Tosh

Post by Tosh »

My last parcel from them was a recycled Wotsits box,brown paper but no string this time :lol:
Beer,making ugly women look beautiful for thousands of years.....
slackbladder

Post by slackbladder »

by Tosh on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:59 pm
My last parcel from them was a recycled Wotsits box,brown paper but no string this time
WHAT???? no string !!! why this is an outrage.. :shock: :shock: :P

Are you sure it was from Hattons Tosh mate?......... :D :lol:
The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Are you aware that in 2010 the Royal Mail do not want parcels tied up with string ?
It seems that this can 'foul' modern machinery and snag other large envelopes.
I was unaware of this until I posted Olivia off the the USA in November when the
local village postmistress pointed it out to me, but did accept the little box as it was.

The modern world - things ain't what they used to be !!

Geoff T.