Bromsgrove

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Essex2Visuvesi

Re: Bromsgrove Models

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

Have to echo the sentiments here as well

Ordered some stuff from him last week, arrived yesterday :) well packaged and with good communications
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller
johncrazy

Post by johncrazy »

ordered a decoder on Sunday and it arrived on Monday. All I have to do now is tit it and find out how to work the NCE DCC
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

johncrazy wrote:All I have to do now is tit it and find out how to work the NCE DCC
Can you post videos lol

Proud member of the OAM
johncrazy

Post by johncrazy »

sorry essex you might be expecting something other than a train layout due to my spelling mistake. I tried posting pics but couldnt find a picture format that this site would take
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

The NCE is simple to operate, the instruction manual is very straight fwd even for train drivers :wink: if you have not already upgraded I would suggest its well worth it. being able to operate 6 locos is great.
Tim
aka Forfarian
Richard T phillips

Bromsgrove

Post by Richard T phillips »

I have to say how good bromsgrove have been with me made an order on thursday got it Friday how fast is that its a great pity he cannot find a buyer as this will be another model shop gone for good and they are very far and few between were I live. those that are, are very expensive to say the least and getting more so as time moves on. so any one with idears of resonable prices please let me know which web site or place. thanks Richard T
johncrazy

Re: Bromsgrove

Post by johncrazy »

fitted the decoder, got the NCE Power Pro working and it really was simplicity itself
BromsMods

Post by BromsMods »

I'm sure that you know by now that we are in the process of closing down.

In addition to the crazy discounts already in place we are offering FREE POSTAGE on ALL non-commercial orders to UK addresses placed between 3.00 pm (GMT) on Friday 2 November and 11.00 am (GMT) on Monday 5 November
Essex2Visuvesi

Post by Essex2Visuvesi »

BromsMods wrote:I'm sure that you know by now that we are in the process of closing down.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Skint till the 15th :( Bummer!

Proud member of the OAM
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

I didn't want anything .......
I felt like I was taking advantage of John, buying items at cost prices and free postage.
But I somehow found a few diecast vehicles I wanted and as expected they arrived well
packed on the day it was suggested I should get them.

It makes me sad that such an excellent shop will be no more. However before I retired
I know of 2 businesses that couldn't be sold as going concerns, yet when closed down the
property was snapped up fast. I fear traders as personable, friendly and efficient as John
are going to be but a (happy) memory.

Geoff T.
BromsMods

Post by BromsMods »

As we run the business (and stock) down we are also changing the way we take payments, so this week (until the end of November) will be your last opportunity to order and pay for goods by credit/debit card as we are ending our contract with Streamline. We will continue to accept payment by BACS and PayPal, though, as well as cash from those who can collect in person.
ollieollieollie

Post by ollieollieollie »

Bought some Kadee magnets from them last week. The usual good service. Nice, friendly e-mails. Will be sadly missed....
BromsMods

Post by BromsMods »

Have just put our last EFE 1:76 bus models in the £10 bus offer category. There are only 1 or 2 of most models listed in this discount category.....https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgr ... tegoryId=2

All of our remaining TCS stock will be taken from our store next week if it hasn't been sold..........https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgr ... egoryId=63

Last few EFE commercial vehicles left.....https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgr ... egoryId=11

Last few DCC Concepts station lamps packs.....https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgr ... egoryId=36 .... and Cobalt products....https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgr ... egoryId=28

And finally, last few Soundtraxx Tsunami decoders....https://clarahost.clara.net/www.bromsgr ... egoryId=60

Everything else is also discounted, but too numerous to mention!!
BromsMods

Post by BromsMods »

We are intending to close the commercial part of the business on Friday 22nd March. (One reason is that I want to avoid getting involved in the new postal charges which come into effect next month.) Any orders received but not paid for by then will be cancelled.

I intend retaining the rest of the website, at least for the forseeable future, as nobody else has come forward offering to take on board the maintenance of information across model railway and diecast ranges. I decided to keep it going as I have received numerous requests to do so, including one from an agent of one of the manufacturers!! I also intend expanding the information on DCC both to update what is there and to put right some of the misinformation contained within some of the printed material currently available, including the latest offering from Railway Modeller!

I would also like to expand the range of DCC installation guides - I still have a number of my own locos awaiting attention but cannot possibly cover the complete and extensive range of UK models available. If anyone has their own set of instructions and accompanying photographs which they would like to contribute I would like to hear from you. I'm afraid there is no payment, though - it is already costing me to keep the website going......!!
BromsMods

Post by BromsMods »

Well, retail part of the site has now closed. I would like to thank all of our customers for their purchases over the years and wish everyone a happy and prosperous future.

I will be making some changes to the rest of the site over the next few weeks, so apologies in advance if you can't easily find what you are looking for or links aren't set up correctly - I will get there eventually!!