New layout pics.....

Post anything here to do with Model Railway Photography

Moderator: saslord

Phat Controller

Post by Phat Controller »

....... can you tell me where you got the lattice type girders from? I like the way you've used them to hold up the top layer of your layout
research = asking a bloke who knows a bloke who said something vaguely similar to what I wanted to hear! - Tony (aka the Phat Controller)
HornbySucker

Post by HornbySucker »

50p at a car boot sale - was a signal gantry, ready made - broke it into pieces and reused it in a more appropriate manner !
Imagination is free !
Phat Controller

Post by Phat Controller »

thanks for that ...... I'm now scouring EBay for spare bits of gantry!! :wink:
research = asking a bloke who knows a bloke who said something vaguely similar to what I wanted to hear! - Tony (aka the Phat Controller)
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Hornbysucker posted:
Got to ask. What happerned to the bridge, it looks like it has melted.
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Maybe it's meant to look like a derailment has bent the metal.
Great picture by the way.
HornbySucker

Post by HornbySucker »

WILL RELOAD IMAGES AS SOON AS I CAN
Last edited by HornbySucker on Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is free !
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Do you have a pic of that 56 in Trainload coal on it's own?

Cheers,

Shaun
Currently on the rails with my camera
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Ok :oops: :lol:
HornbySucker

Post by HornbySucker »

only have this pic Morty - probably not what you're after, but will take a good full length pic for you next time.

Imagination is free !
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Cheers
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

Excellent layout you've got there. One thing you might want to try though is looking up the "macro" function on your camera. It took me a while to discover it, and it makes taking close-up photos look much more sharper and "in focus". I only discovered it 3 years after getting my digital camera - and suddenly I found my photos looking infinitely better!

Anyway, excellent layout... I've just started on my one, and I'd kill (well, almost!) for it to turn out as well as yours. congratulations!
HornbySucker

Post by HornbySucker »

The camera is quite old now, about 6 or 7 years - it's a Fuju MX1700 and I think 1.5M pixels. I do need to upgrade to something else. The circuitry does start to wear out after a while - this I am certain of. It doees have a macro function and I may have used it in some of the shots.
Imagination is free !
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

HornbySucker wrote:1.5M pixels.
It's funny to think that some mobile phones have 3 megapixel cameras these days!
HornbySucker

Post by HornbySucker »

rmg1919 - LOVE your website ! Looking forward to watch it 'appen !!
Imagination is free !
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

HornbySucker wrote:rmg1919 - LOVE your website !
Thank you (though I still need to finish it)! I have to say the idea came to me when I was thinking about what "era" the layout would be based on. Because I quite like the old Intercity (Swallow?) livery and the NSE livery, but at the same time want it to be a present-dayish layout, I have opted to create a bit of a fictional background: i.e. my layout will be post-privatisation-done-different; i.e. BR would have continued operating trains in competition against the 'private' franchises (hence I can justify NSE and InterCity liveries, while justifying Virgin, FGW, etc.). The overall idea being that "Maidenfield Railways" would be responsible for the track and signalling rather than Network Rail/Railtrack.
Looking forward to watch it 'appen !!
So am I! I headed down to B&Q today to look at MDF, timber and cork. Have got it pretty sussed. Going to (hopefully) pick it up tomorrow (when it's not so busy) and make a start knocking the baseboard together.

The track should be arriving on Wednesday, so will hopefully have some proper pics and a final layout by the end of the week.