Diesels at Crown Point and Sovereign St.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
glencairn

Re: Diesels at Crown Point and Sovereign St.

Post by glencairn »

Class 121 on a Seacroft to Leeds Sovereign Street Station seen at the new Roseville Junction
IMG_2919.JPG

and at Leeds Sovereign Street Station
IMG_2920.JPG
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
Phred

Post by Phred »

In that photo of Ada, the wave and flow effect on the water is very realistic. Nicely done. :)
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Phred wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:06 pm In that photo of Ada, the wave and flow effect on the water is very realistic. Nicely done. :)
Thank you Phred. All it is is using cardboard. Wetting it and allowing to dry naturally causing the slight 'ripple effect'. Painting it black.
I used cardboard in the event of the grandchildren (or I) caught it as we pass. It would not hurt as much as a solid piece of wood. If it did get broken, easily replaced.

Fortunately it has stood the test of time. :)

Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Class 47 47593 'GALLOWAY PRINCESS' on a York to Leeds Central local train near Canal Corner.
IMG_2933.JPG
Class 52 D1027 'WESTERN LANCER' at Leeds Crown Point Yard
D1027  Western Lancer.JPG
Class 47 47711 'GREYFRIARS BOBBY' also at Crown Point Yard
IMG_2927.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

No trains running, just trees and shrubbery growing on a sunny Spring afternoon
IMG_3054.JPG
IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3057.JPG
Glencairn
captrees

Post by captrees »

If you hadn't said it was afternoon, it would be what my mother would call a misty-moisty morning.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

captrees wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:56 am If you hadn't said it was afternoon, it would be what my mother would call a misty-moisty morning.
Definitely afternoon, captrees. I have mentioned previously that sometimes the sunshine through the window plays 'wonderful tricks'.

Glencairn
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

Hi glencairn,

Rumour has it you've gone floating off again ..... We need your postings and evocative pictures
more that ever. Where are all the other posters ? Oh dear, that might include me ?

Geoff T.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Dad-1 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:36 am Hi glencairn,

Rumour has it you've gone floating off again ..... We need your postings and evocative pictures
more that ever. Where are all the other posters ? Oh dear, that might include me ?

Geoff T.
Got to have my 'fix' on cruise ships, Geoff. :)

A scene 'out in the countryside''
IMG_2872.JPG
'On Shed'
IMG_2936.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Get them when they are young.

Younger granddaughter in charge of Leeds Sovereign Street.
IMG_3080[1].JPG
IMG_3081[1].JPG
IMG_3084[1].JPG
Glencairn
aleopardstail

Post by aleopardstail »

the very best bit about kids, grandkids especially, is when parents are fretting about "its too old for them", "they are too young", She/he won't understand that"

and then said youngling takes to it like a fish to a deep fat fryer and loves it
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

aleopardstail wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:44 pm the very best bit about kids, grandkids especially, is when parents are fretting about "its too old for them", "they are too young", She/he won't understand that"

and then said youngling takes to it like a fish to a deep fat fryer and loves it
Agree. My grandchildren have been running the trains since they were three years of age
Julia (the one in the pictures) prefers Sovereign Street section. The others prefer the Clarence Dock controls.
My other granddaughter has a O gauge garden layout on a U.S.A. theme.

Glencairn
Phred

Post by Phred »

glencairn wrote:
Agree. My grandchildren have been running the trains since they were three years of age
Ditto. I figured if they were already playing games on their parents' iPad and mobile phone (yes, at three years old) they could surely operate a device that consists of a speed control knob and direction button.
They don't get to handle the trains though, except for Thomas who seems indestructible.
aleopardstail

Post by aleopardstail »

have found the look on the faces of younger when "don't touch" becomes "touch, but be careful" is excellent

and they pick it all up so fast, grandson here visited with parents, the one not a relative was "oh gods he will be so bored, whats he going to do?" (aged 5), other parent was more "there is no way a small child will get bored in that house"

took him about two laps to work out how to drive a slot car, about two more to realise the track had a "X" crossing, and not much longer to realise he had the reflexes to T-bone me every single lap

loved it
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Phred wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:56 pm I figured if they were already playing games on their parents' iPad and mobile phone (yes, at three years old) they could surely operate a device that consists of a speed control knob and direction button.
They don't get to handle the trains though, except for Thomas who seems indestructible.
aleopardstail wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:19 am have found the look on the faces of younger when "don't touch" becomes "touch, but be careful" is excellent

and they pick it all up so fast, grandson here visited with parents, the one not a relative was "oh gods he will be so bored, whats he going to do?" (aged 5), other parent was more "there is no way a small child will get bored in that house"

took him about two laps to work out how to drive a slot car, about two more to realise the track had a "X" crossing, and not much longer to realise he had the reflexes to T-bone me every single lap

loved it
Over the years I have posted pictures of the grandchildren running trains. At first some scenery did get broken. It was fixed. Over time they have come to take care and not break things. (I do that. :lol: )
Now I can leave them to run trains whilst I do other things.

As for Thomas the Tank. Seems Indestructible? Yes, and so is Hornby's Annie & Clarabelle.

On the railway:- Some new buildings have arrived to replace the aging Metcalfe ones. A new street scene to build

Glencairn