NRM Review - Hornby skaledale AWS boxes

Articles which have been added to the main site
bunji

Post by bunji »

Agreed. Plus, look at the new M7. Someone had one at the club (when I went to it) and it was beautiful. It was let loose on the layout and it ran like a dream.
PTmodeller

Post by PTmodeller »

The HST MUST be due for a re-tool, surely.
fudge123

Post by fudge123 »

The skaledale footbridge is £21.99 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

PTmodeller wrote:The HST MUST be due for a re-tool, surely.
Yes... but instead they're just using the Lima tooling. I guess they've got to try and eek some value out of buying Lima. Certainly I'm surprised that Heljan/Bachmann haven't seen the opportunity and launched a truly amazing HST. They wouldn't even need to bother necc with launching a range of Mk3.s if they ensured their HST locos had suitable couplings/pockets.
kev-ster

Post by kev-ster »

more than happy with my Lima virgin HST....
COYS
rmg1919

Post by rmg1919 »

...but given it is one of the most popular models/locos you'd think it would have been deserving of an 08/50/60-style treatment...
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Perhaps in a few years time they will do it. Hornby seem to be concentrating on upgrading their own locos (class 56 this year) whereas Bachmann do the same (eg class 37) but also bring out new releases (eg class 47, 150 etc). I don't see Hornby releasing any new locos or wagons, just retooling the stuff they already have, and for some reason to not a great standard.
Currently on the rails with my camera
PTmodeller

Post by PTmodeller »

Bachman should do a DRS 37, they are one of the few people to still use 37's a lot. If you want an accurate modern image with a 37 in, DRS would be the livery to use, yet we're stuck with Hornbys years old model.
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

I think the DRS liveried 37's are the refusrbished ones, so Bachmann may be producing them later on.

Shaun
British Rail

Post by British Rail »

I going to buy the old style bachmann 37 ( the current one not the new one thats coming out) at some point and do it up inot a DRS livery. I'm trying to get one cheap on eBay.

BR
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Plenty on there now, but you'll have to modify it to make it the right type of 37

Shaun
British Rail

Post by British Rail »

I know that mate, I'll be doing the Wipac light cluster type. I shall check eBay now and try and get a bargain.

BR
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Skaledale is ok if you have lots of scenery and a good mixture of buildings, otherwise i agree, some of the features do seem a bit, well wobbly ha ha, mind you, i've bought several Liddle End N gauge buildings and i guess at 2mm to the normal foot, their not to bad at all, wobbly but not so as you'd notice :)
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Perhaps in a few years time, Hornby will upgrade Skaledale along with all the other mentioned loco upgrades? lets face it, the old Hornby railway buildings were ok but glad Skaledale came along ....lots more scope for immediate buildings :)
tinsleytmd

Post by tinsleytmd »

seems a bit of a bitch about hornby going off here so tinsley is joining in i got the hornby tin box thing cost £9.75 & i was really dissapointed when i got it open terribly paint looked nothing like the pic on the box always a let down are hornby hate their crap i wouldnt even buy it for my kids.

this picture depicts a decent image of this model then when you open it the detail is well rubbish looks as if its been painted with a brush not a spray gun.