Some NRM Xtrkcad threads condensed into one

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

dr5euss wrote:Yeah, left :oops:

Lofty, shouldn't you be in the loft, or have you got another bad bout of indecision :twisted: :wink:
rumour has it he ripped up the floor boards and found a basement :? :D
Foden

Post by Foden »

Hi guys. been using this new XTrkCad now for a day or two using Hornby track, but with my layout I intend on using the Peco Streamline 75 track... is there any update files for the Cad of these?

I have no intention of running Hornby track, to be frank I think it's rubbish :(

Any help much appreciated :)

Matt.
Smell that diesel??!!
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

Foden wrote:Hi guys. been using this new XTrkCad now for a day or two using Hornby track, but with my layout I intend on using the Peco Streamline 75 track... is there any update files for the Cad of these?

I have no intention of running Hornby track, to be frank I think it's rubbish :(

Any help much appreciated :)

Matt.
the peco track is already in the prog. if you look in the list of track you can select is has the code numbers for each point, they are the same for code 100 and 75 so are written SL88/188 [188 being the code 75]
hope that helps
michael
Foden

Post by Foden »

mumbles wrote:the peco track is already in the prog. if you look in the list of track you can select is has the code numbers for each point, they are the same for code 100 and 75 so are written SL88/188 [188 being the code 75]
hope that helps
michael
Ah, as I suspected then I must be doing it wrong... I'm typically about as computer litterate as a chimp.

What I am doing at the moment is using the 'hot bar' and selecting my points from there. But even if I use the 'place a turnout' icon the list I get is just Hornby track. I looked in the perameter files to see if the Peco HO was selected and it apparently is. I don't know where I am going wrong :oops:
Smell that diesel??!!
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

hi
try going to the 'parameter files' bit in 'file'
select 'pecoho' and click ok, then try the select turnout option again. that should do it?
michael
Foden

Post by Foden »

Nope, it's playing silly buggers mate. I'll try re-installing it without adding the Hornby Track on, might have caused it to start playing up maybe?
Smell that diesel??!!
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

Foden wrote:Nope, it's playing silly buggers mate. I'll try re-installing it without adding the Hornby Track on, might have caused it to start playing up maybe?
hmmm, wouldn't have thought so
bit of a puzzler, you are selecting ho in the otions bit? i'm stuck, maybe ironduke rob will be around at some point to help, depending on time delay as he's in the oz land!
michael
Foden

Post by Foden »

All sorted now :)

Don't know why but it just wouldn't detect any peco track even when I checked HO scale was selected. Re-installed and now all seems well. Thanks for the help Micheal
Smell that diesel??!!
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

no worries
looking forward to that MASSIVE trackplan :lol:
PTmodeller

Post by PTmodeller »

What massive plan.....
Foden

Post by Foden »

mumbles wrote:no worries
looking forward to that MASSIVE trackplan :lol:
I'm looking forward to that MASSIVE track bill!! :lol:
PTmodeller wrote:What massive plan.....
I've got 22ft of loft space to use up
Smell that diesel??!!
random man

Post by random man »

can anyone tell me how to call up that flexi track thingy if you know what i meanand how to use it in dummy terms please thanks
Here's one i broke earlier...

http://www.scalescenes.com - cardboard kits
http://xs.to - free image hosting
my layout
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

hi
10th button from the left
looks like a curve with a red circle on one end
with a little arrow next to it,
select 'create curved track from end point' [if its not already]
then click on the end of the track you want to have the curve come from
=< here [as it looks]
drag away from there in the same direction => that way
doesn't really matter how far, then when you unclick a double ended red arrow appears that you can click on to the drag your curve into place
try that, and get back if you have any probs :D
michael
random man

Post by random man »

i understand it now i worked it out i feel like singing but im gonna embarrass myself!
Here's one i broke earlier...

http://www.scalescenes.com - cardboard kits
http://xs.to - free image hosting
my layout
Foden

Post by Foden »

It's not the Cad I'm screaming at and shaking the monitor now, it's my old ways lol. I've always previously used Hornby track, but the design of points were a bit dire with some stock so going to Peco now (Plus electrofrog is what I'm after in view of DCC running)

The old Hornby track always used to match up, a straight point length was the same as a standard straight, and the bend radius's always matched up with the points at the end..... not now... if I had much hair I'd be ripping it out! :lol:
Smell that diesel??!!