Heljan Metrovick, Blue Pullman and Class 76/77

Discuss Heljan Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
dubdee1000

Re: Heljan Metrovick, Blue Pullman and Class 76/77

Post by dubdee1000 »

I take it back about the buffer beam and the bogie. I've just been watching the clip of it running around Olivia's track and on a R3 curve, there's very little movement of the bogie compared to the body and it looks as it should. However, there is still something nagging me about how the body sits and i just can't quite put my finger on it.
Bigmet

Re: Heljan Metrovick, Blue Pullman and Class 76/77

Post by Bigmet »

Had a look at the Olivia's video and stil photos, and the body is set slightly high above the bogies. As I posted earlier, I would expect that, to enable enough bogie swing for curves without the wheeltops fouling on the bodywork. The good thing about this is that it is readily corrected by any owner using significantly easier curves than provided by set track. Generally the model looks right to me, the stills on the site can be blown up to a good size for a closer look, and the model still looks well.

The one evident flaky element of the model are the pantographs which appear to be a very clumsy rendition. At a guess Heljan have gone for an (unnecessarily) robust design. But at least if they persist with that, pantographs are a discrete part which can be replaced after purchase. I can see the 'Judith Edge' kit for this pantograph turning in very good sales if that is the case...