Hello and Help :P

Post your narrow gauge model railway questions here. That includes model railway narrow track gauges Nn3 to Gn15 and beyond!.
redline41190

Post by redline41190 »

Blaqkaudio009 wrote:ok thanks guys, ill mess about with paints and stuff and let you know how it goes! what about roads then? same thing?

to redline41190:
its going to be mostly carriages, hopefully getting the talyllyn 4 wheel coaches, but random trains for slate etc. pretty much how the talyllyn does it! i love that place!
thats what i had figured seeing the length of the shed :wink:. I hope you dont have to alter your model too much to fit the chassis, Maybe you should paint the chassis to get rid of that unsightly red plastic, and the wheels and rods too. just a thought :D

Cheers
Jeremy
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.
Blaqkaudio009

Post by Blaqkaudio009 »

yeah will do! ill let you know how it turns out
Blaqkaudio009

Post by Blaqkaudio009 »

hey, ive done the platform, pictures of it on my personal layout thingie
b308

Post by b308 »

brianthesnail96 wrote:Completely forgot about that ^ but I'd be worried that the texture would be far too overscale for 4mm/ ft? Or can you get scale textured paint? I've only ever seen it designed for 12"/ ft scale! You get away with that in G (which is where I've seen it used) but not I fear in 009...

Of course, if you can get scale stuff, ignore the above, and go and buy some!
Guy in this months CM painted the whole wall with thick paint then sprinkled on fine sand! That was in G as well, but I'd have thought that it would probably work in OO as well.
Blaqkaudio009

Post by Blaqkaudio009 »

ok cool! well ill have a go with random stuff! cheers fella
Krislights

Concrete.

Post by Krislights »

Couple of other things to try...
Emery paper for fine concrete, great, but watch out because fine powder gets stick in it.. or in a similar vein to the sand thing... Household salt, over wet paint. You get a good pebbledash effect for walls too, if you set a salt grinder to coarse grind.. My station walls, over plasticard, use this method..., and ground black pepper even comes in the right colours... hint hint
Down side is you get wierd looks from the other half, when you keep raiding the kitchen for condiments..

Nice shed, btw.
If the wheels don't fit...
it's probably narrow-gauge.
"Awkward thinking".
Krislights

Post by Krislights »

Lost the point of the real message, for a start, but the best answer you will get, is this, for slate...
Use the real stuff, and bash it up with a lump hammer, and use the best bits. Just a bit time consuming... but it is free, which is the best bit, if you keep your eyes open....
If the wheels don't fit...
it's probably narrow-gauge.
"Awkward thinking".
Blaqkaudio009

Post by Blaqkaudio009 »

ok cheers for the advice! and thankyou about the shed
sir hayden

Re: Hello and Help :P

Post by sir hayden »

Where did you get the plateing for Sir Haydn?