New N-gauge test layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
dazamccoy

Post by dazamccoy »

Then I thought what the hell, I may as well stick on my class 25 starter set too.

Here's a quick video of it on the move.

I also filed down the area where my rocky outcrop/hill joins with the base.

dazamccoy

Post by dazamccoy »

Finally for tonight, A quick 360 degree of the possible space I can use. Half of it already has base boards. I just have to move the crap off of them.

Through the double doors lies another 80 feet of shed. I will have to wait for my lottery win before expanding into that area. I'll invite all of you N gauge boys to help with the track plan and scenery, on full pay of course. So keep your fingers crossed. ;)
smitstr

Post by smitstr »

Hi,
Very nice start to the layout, your eurostar is missing somthing i cant quite tell what though? :roll:
Keep me updated
Spavo

Post by Spavo »

You just can't beat running trains, simple as that, very nice mate!

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976
dazamccoy

Post by dazamccoy »

I got some more free time tonight, time for some more papier mache fun. It all looks very random at the moment, but I'm sure it will look much better with a lick of paint.

I decided to leave some some polystyrene bare and then paint it to look like a rocky outcrop. I rather like this angle, It looks kinda natural, well, in paper land anyway lol.

Here's a closer view of the tunnel entrance.

And finally a long shot.

dazamccoy

Post by dazamccoy »

Well, It seems to be dry now, so I'll get some green pain tomorrow and paint this baby up.

Does anyone know approximately how wide the ballast should be on a single line of N-gauge track? or should I just go with what I think looks right?
dazamccoy

Post by dazamccoy »

I got loads of green paint, I have given her a good lick. I'll have to leave it for a day or two to dry, then give it another coat.

One thing I have learned.................Papier Mache needs lots of coats before it becomes hard!!!!!
budmanuk

Re: New N-gauge test layout

Post by budmanuk »

did you get any further with this?
Cheers