SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Any questions about designing a model railway layout or problems with track work.
Mixy

Re: SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Post by Mixy »

IMPORTANT!

A bug was reported and confirmed in the last version of SCARM that may prevent starting of the program on some computers. The patched version of the program was released today. Please upgrade to SCARM 0.9.36, which can be downloaded from www.scarm.info to fix the issue.

See more about this bug-fix update in the following blog post: SCARM v. 0.9.36 Released.

I am sorry if the bugs caused any problems and inconvenience in your work with SCARM. If you see another problems, please report them here or in SCARM Blog and I will try to fix them ASAP.

Mixy
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Thanks for the fix Mixy
I have Never seen this incredible level of response on some commercial products.
Rob
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

Thank you, Rob :)

Here are the SCARM model railway blog posts for February.

For those, who already got the MTS Power Edition - there is an easy way to stack all virtual vehicles in the sim in a single column. See how here:

Showing Vehicles From All Libraries Together

Mixy
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

And here are listed the railway modelling posts for March in the SCARM blog.

Check also the first sample video session from the Model Trains Simulator, presenting a short train moving between two terminus stations on a N-scale layout.

Finally, one more video about a new feature in the MTS PE, that I am working on - it's a Driver's Camera Viewing mode and should be ready for the next release of SCARM.

Mixy
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

The new SCARM v. 0.9.37 is ready and published, coming with some new options, many small bugfixes, improved stability and one new cool feature for the MTS Power Edition. Read more details here:

SCARM Model Railway Layout Design software 0.9.37 Released

Hope you will like it :)

Mixy
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

Here are the SCARM model train blog posts for April.

If your older version of SCARM is not yet updated or does not start correctly, update it to the latest version - see the article about v. 0.9.37 in the blog.

Mixy
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

Here is the only SCARM blog post for May:

International Danube Modular Layout Meeting - Russe 2017

The event hosted layouts in HO, TT and N scales and was carried out by more than 40 participants from several countries. Here is the layout scheme:

I also attended and even drove several trains :) See the pictures that I shot in the blog post's gallery.

Last but not least, I should mention that one of the train stations and several other single modules are entirely designed in SCARM ;)

Mixy
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

The brand new SCARM version is ready and published. Read more about it here:

SCARM v. 1.0 Milestone Released

That Milestone version starts a new epoch in the developing of SCARM. Get ready for many new functions and features that will come with the next updates and the future SCARM extensions!

Mixy
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

When did Scarm become payware? Since I was forced to install version 1 I can no longer save what I was working on. I'm not paying the best part of 30 quid. If I had known it was going to be payware in the beginning I would never have started using it in the first place.
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

D605Eagle wrote:If I had known it was going to be payware in the beginning I would never have started using it in the first place.
If I had known that almost nobody will donate for my work and support that I was providing at no cost for the past 7 years with SCARM, I would never have started to share it for free.

Mixy
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

Was there a donate button? I always give a bit for freeware if theres a way of donating. If you did have a button, apologies for missing it.
Mixy

Post by Mixy »

Yes, there was a donate button (and it is still there), but I do not accept donations anymore.

The button is placed at the bottom of the Contents section in the main web page (http://www.scarm.info), located just above the program Download section and was colored red until last week. And the same button exists in the footer of each page of the main site, again in different color. Difficult to be missed.

And I am thankful to all user, who donated, even 5 bugs, for my work over the program during the years. All they are receiving free licenses for the new version as I already mentioned that in the blog and in the Facebook page of SCARM.

Mixy
D605Eagle

Post by D605Eagle »

When I built many add on items and helped build three routes for MSTS for years from 15 years ago I never received a penny from donations. However I made them as freeware and they still are all available as freeware. I guess if I was going to change them to payware I would have made that clear from the beginning.
RAF96

Post by RAF96 »

Eagle
You are not forced to install v1.0. The software flags up there is an update but allows you to decline, as I did on my travelling laptop.

I am happy to run the old version for as long as it works until I get back home to my train pc with the main copy installed which I will then upgrade and pay for.

When the beta version life cycle expires I shall have to exist on a single copy.

Rob
RAF Halton Brat - 96th Entry
http://www.halton96th.org.uk/robs_rails.html
β-tester