Dynamite25's OO loft Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

How much are holt model railways selling it for.
Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.
Kentman98

Post by Kentman98 »

£20 + £2.95 P&P.
Trev

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.......

My layout thread
joshing_man

Post by joshing_man »

You will get it cheaper on e-Bay and a quick Google search will bring up others I'm sure who are cheaper. That's full price plus p&p!

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

It's a shame that play.com didn't have any in as there selling it for £17.99 and free delivery,as thats where i got mine from when my brother built my PC for me.
Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.
joshing_man

Post by joshing_man »

Looked on e-Bay and there are 3 on there - the best value ending in 15 hours - just keep your bid to below say £16 including postage.

Googling got it slightly cheaper than Holts but not a lot.

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):
Kentman98

Post by Kentman98 »

Yep tried ebay before originally ordering it from ontracks. I was outbid, the buyer paying £19 plus a couple of quid for P&P. I thought stuff this for a game of soldiers if people are biddding prices that are as high as ordering from the web!

Have found some other places on the web that were selling it cheaper then Holts but they were out of stock.

Thanks for the tip though but I shall wait to Monday to see if Holt actually have it in stock.
Trev

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.......

My layout thread
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Made another order to hattons for 12 hornby points 2 L/H and 10 R/H i also ordered another track plan book and i need another 2 points aswell as the points i ordered today,but i will get them from my local model shop when i get paid again in two weeks as i only had enough money to buy the 12 points and the track plan book today.

Also not been beable to get anything done today as my parents had to nip out so i had to stay down stairs with sam till they came home but by time they did it was to late to go into the loft to make a noise,so maybe tomorrow but they might be going out tomorrow aswell to chester so maybe Wednesday now.But i need to get atleast the roof done tomorrow but we will see what happens.

dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Got a shock this morning my goods from hattons arrived about an hour ago but i didn't recieve my email to say they have been picked and then packed,they must of forgot that they should of sent the email first before sending the goods are well nevermind atleast i got them alot quickier than the other two times.

dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Been trying to think how to have things on my layout after seeing a layout in the latest issue of MR so i got my trackplan and went into paint and added abit of colour to the plan to see what it would be like,and i came up with this it's not great and only half done.

Needs some more buildings added and more scenery aswell anyway have a look and tell me what you think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... titled.png

dr5euss

Post by dr5euss »

Last edited by dr5euss on Sun May 22, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

The station building is about 3ft long maybe longer and the other building is the station masters house that is next to the station.The building in the bottom right corner is toilets and a small waiting room for Passengers.

dr5euss

Post by dr5euss »

Last edited by dr5euss on Sun May 22, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

I have made the main station building alittle smaller also i have added two station cottages for the station workers with gardens and the station masters house is next to the station with his own garden,and i have put 4 reasonable sized houses across from the cottages with there gardens.

dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Thinking of scrapping the track plan i got and designing a new one but with the station on the 3ft side of the layout,but not sure whether to have it on the main level of the layout or on a upper level.I'm just don't feel happy with the current track plan as to why i haven't started track laying and i want to have a track plan that i am 100% happy with and until that happens my baseboard will stay bare.

Plus i have been searching the net for inspiration to help me design a great track plan and looking in every model train book and track plan books i got,but still nothing has come up to help me in designing that perfect track plan i want to do.

Ironduke

Post by Ironduke »

Thinking of scrapping the track plan i got and designing a new one
:^) you should have this as your signature
Regards
Rob