Clackwick Circa 1955

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
manna

Re: Clackwick Circa 1955

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

You have to write them down, there is no way we could remember them all, The other day I phoned the Bank, the first thing they asked, what is your password, I didn't even know there was a Password I had told them about, years ago, Totally forgotten...In the end the only way I could convince them I was Me, was a Purchase of fuel in a tiny Town in Southern Queensland for $99 on my Credit card. I now have a 'New' Password for the Bank, I wonder how long I will remember that one ?????

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs
Phred

Post by Phred »

Roger (RJ) wrote:
I have all my passwords in a Word document that is itself password protected with a password that I can easily remember.
Now that's handy to know. I have a Word doc listing all my hundreds of passwords, user names, etc, etc, which I have no hope of remembering. I didn't realise it could be password protected. It is now - cheers! :)
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

If you use Chrome it has a password manager. Save the passwords when prompted, then the password manager will list them out by websites but hidden with asterisks. It will display them if you supply your Windows password or PIN.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Dad-1

Post by Dad-1 »

All these bad habit revelations.
Mine - Easy.

I Keep to the same password for all my Railway Stuff.
So what if someone hacks - well I could start again, or pass onto another hobby !!
No financial risks and quite honestly they are the only ones that need tight protection.

Geoff T.
TimberSurf

Post by TimberSurf »

I do have a spreadsheet with all my passwords in to keep track of what I am signing up to, but it is a) password protected and b) I dont write the passwords down, only a crib that reminds what it is, because I only actually have 2-3.
I have one for all online dealings like model railways and another for my finances (albeit there are two or three for bank accounts.)
The principle you should apply is to have a strong password including all the capitol, number, lower, special and at least 10 digits long. . .so a word starting with a capitol, some numbers and end with a special ($£%&~ etc), then create a crib of what it is.
Example "Railway1234$", crib "Train count US" :o
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!