my layout - Castlethwaite

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
mick

Re: my layout - Castlethwaite

Post by mick »

Thanks lads for your comments,Adian its ok you didnt know.
Terry i have some boxes but know reciepts most of the locos were old.
So im in the hands of the insureance man.
Thanks once again to all on forum Mick :cry: :cry: :cry:
im in love with a black 5
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Makes mi blood boil, that does :evil: Thy're the sort that nick brass fittings from the preserved railways depriving them of a few hundred quid's worth of tooled parts to be melted down for peanuts.

Fingers crossed the insurance guy will come good. Don't forget that Blue Pullman set you had. And the live steam Mallard ;)

Cheers mate

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
mick

Post by mick »

Just a Quick up date,police run me this morning to say they may have recoverd my locos.
At 6am this morning they raided a flat not to far from me,its was nothing to do with my
shed been broke into,it was to do with drugs.
When theygot in they found alot of stolen goods,but also some railway stuff.
I have been asked to go down to police station this morning to see if they are mine
so all been well i may still get my locos back.
Mick :shock: :shock: :shock:
beerandpies

Post by beerandpies »

Sounds really promising :D
Great news, keep us up to date!
cheers, Mark.
Scragg End
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

Its great to hear they found Most of you stock, its also a shame to hear some of it has been passed on already :wink:

This is something for all to take onboard, seprate insurance is worth getting. I found my home insurance didn't cover all the layout and stock, infact only £1000 worth. When it was priced up it was near £20k. they took in to account the stock, track, buildings, the few lights and the time taken to build. Thiefs wont take all the layout, but it covers the layout for if the worst case should happen, a fire. You would be suprised how much your layout is worth when you start adding the odd £1 hear and there.
MrT

Post by MrT »

Just caught up with the thread Mick - I hope its your stock and they're undamaged.
mick

Post by mick »

Well lads been to cop shop,and the good news is ive got all the locos back but 2.
So im abit happyer than i was,when i was coming out of the cop shop this copper
told me the name of the druggies which i thought was good of him.
There up at court sometime today so i will see if they get bail.
Once again thanks to all on forum Mick :) :) :)
sishades

Post by sishades »

They are all scum. My I suggest that you wire your shed to a nearby electricity pylon and wait to see if it happens again. If it does find a comfy chair, a good drink and watch them fry. B~~~~~ds.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
waz

Post by waz »

Hi Mick !!

What great news !!! I'm really glad for you. Shame about the 2 locomotives. :cry: :cry:

Best to stay well clear of the T***S. They will get their comeupants eventually. Every dog has his day, as the saying goes.

My Very Best Regards

BILL.
MrT

Post by MrT »

That's great news Mick - am pleased for you. :)
mumbles

Post by mumbles »

Good to here Mick. I know that determined thieves will get in anywhere so no amount of security is enough sometimes. Hopefully you were able to identify where and how they got in and are able to shore it up now.
I have got an alarm that I intend to fit in my garage and a dog that likes to bark. Surprisingly any dog that barks is enough to deter most thieves, or so the police like to tell people

Once again, good to here the loco's returned to the rightful owner, shame about that Blue Deltic and the Falcon though

Michael

Post by 47806 »

Glad to hear that you got most of the stock back.
Follow the Progress on my Layouts - click here.
My Railway Photography - click here.
TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Post by TerryB »

Good news Mick,shame about the two locos you've lost though .........it maybe a good idea to stop leaving your stock in the shed.Get a good alarm on the shed and some secure locks,or better still [as mumbles sez ...."a dog wot likes to bark"] ...........if my experience with drug addicts is anything to go on ........they could be back [they never learn,and they dont really care about the punishment of being caught,once the craving gets hold,they'll sell their own souls & mothers for the price of a fix].

More pics now :?: :wink: .............with some locos in them :?: :) :wink:
best regards
Terry
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?
santene

Post by santene »

ye some pics with stock :D also from past experiance they broke into my dads shop :roll: i suppose theyll take anything and run my dad got the till, some paintbrushes from the nail bar??? and some worthless plastic jewlery (kiddie toy things) :roll: oh ye and a chair??? what happened in the end was we got the paint brushes back and the theives managed to burn open the till (was padlocked) to see whats in and ended up burning £300 :roll:
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy
m.levin

Post by m.levin »

As Bill said, "Best to stay well clear of the T***S. They will get their comeupants eventually. Every dog has his day, as the saying goes." As will all cases, the people how take revenge or law in there own hands, end up wrost off.