Small 00 carriages

Discuss model railway topics and news that do not fit into other sections.
heda

Re: Small 00 carriages

Post by heda »

I read your thread with interest E2E, I was thinking about the bestway to add seating and figures, another job to the ever increasing list !
I recently bought some four wheelers, three fit my little village halt perfectly, there not the correct livery for SDJR but I think they look OK so rule one applies, also as my layout is loosely based around WWII so my excuse is that anything could be used as the war department took over running the railways.
Dave

End2end

Post by End2end »

The ebay seller I bought the seats off for my 4 wheel coaches has them listed here.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/009-00-gauge ... 1438.l2649
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

4wheelers.jpg
Sorry about the low quality of the photo, this is my lowered Hornby 4 wheel coach I built a few years back. It uses the under frame of the track cleaning coach which as you can see is a lot lower. I cut a very thin slice of the sides at cant rail level and also filed the rood profile slightly. This had to be done because coach roof was damaged and I used the roof of a old Triang Hornby cattle wagon instead.. I managed to salvage the glazing with comes as part of the roof unit, this was cut off and glued inside the coach. It also has seating made form a length of Lima Mk1 interior.

Ken
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

Surprised not to see some mention of Hornby's new 'generic' pre-group liveried four and six wheel coaches here, or have I missed a thread on the subject? . (Hattons competing range to appear shortly too.)