Bachmann C class

Discuss Bachmann Model Railway products and related model railway topics here.
Bigmet

Re: Bachmann C class

Post by Bigmet »

Buelligan wrote:Well I've had a look through those, and I blame you for me now wanting another 5 locos!...
In terms of a model railway this is probably a good thing. Most layouts are short on the 'everyday', and the maid of all work locomotive was the 0-6-0, and very much an everyday item. (Except GWR which was predominantly a tank engine railway, and had a huge number of 0-6-0T as a proportion of its total loco stock: but even then it had as many 0-6-0s as it did Kings and Castles.)
Bigmet

Re: Bachmann C class

Post by Bigmet »

Most current Bachmann steamers are low on traction out of the box, but improve significantly with running as the driving wheel tyres polish up. I have a C class that makes the trip to my 'Ferme Park' on a cross London transfer freight, and it's good for 30 wagons on the 1 in 80 ruling gradient of my system.

That fall plate on the tender, it was not as free moving as some of the other examples from Bachmann. Mine needed a little 'help' to get it moving freely enough that it could actually fall and rest on the cab floor. At least with your 5' radius curves you can use the neat slide arrangement to close up the loco and tender for the best effect.