Hattons Relocating

What do you want from a model railway shop?
Dad-1

Re: Hattons Relocating

Post by Dad-1 »

Is it just me, or have others noticed the service from Hatton's
slowing up ?
On Sunday 30th July I ordered a loco with a few bits & pieces. I expected delivery Wed, or Thur
as I always get Royal Mail 2 Day. Here there is no problems with Royal Mail it still works very
well and my postie will place parcels in the garage if we're out.
It was packed on 3rd August and with luck will arrive today 5th August, as it didn't yesterday.

I used to get delivery so fast that I could hardly believe it, now it's so slow I will use others like
Hereford where I always had things next day.

As an aside I HATE having to plough through Pre-owned stocks when I'm looking for something,
a filter to exclude all pre-owned would suit me. It's getting so tedious, it's just another of those
developments I can do without and stops me wanting to buy from them.

Geoff T.
End2end

Post by End2end »

Have you communicated the problems you've had to them Dad-1? Only, I'm thinking if they do not get feedback wether negative or positive they might not realise the outcome of thier relocation just yet or possibly they are still reeling from it.
Just a thought :)
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

They are in the process of shifting from ehattons.com to hattons.co.uk. This is from their newsletter of Wed 3 August
http://www.ehattons.com is moving and http://www.hattons.co.uk is changing!
We are excited to announce that as of Sunday 7th August, 2016 http://www.ehattons.com will move to the domain http://www.hattons.co.uk, so please update your bookmarks.
You’ll still be able to find all your favourite model railway products with the same speedy service, as well as more stock and interesting product information.
We are continuously working on improving this site, and hope that you will like it.
Might explain a lot. I wish them good luck! Particularly their webmaster.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Forfarian

Post by Forfarian »

They are still on the ball with online selling, I ordered 6 wagons on Thursday afternoon and they were delivered by post in Scotland at 09.30 this morning Saturday. I have never had a problem with Hattons online sales, due to my location I only buy online.
The local model shops are not interested in railways, RC and war games have a much larger following and therefor that is where their sales and profits are. The big boys have to be more competitive and the only way that can happen is using modern buildings and technology to operate, hence Hattons moving into an industrial unit. I would assume the inside of their new premises will be nothing but racks of stock, PC controlled item picking and dispatch, it's the only way to go. The days of the old fashioned model railway shops are numbered I'm sorry to say
Tim
aka Forfarian
Richard Lee

Post by Richard Lee »

I have had a couple of orders from Hattons within a month. I am pleased to say that they were both sent and delivered quickly. In fact the last one, a Hornby Drummond Class 700 was ordered Thursday and delivered Monday (to Bulgaria). With both orders they included a card on how to leave feedback, so it is possible that they might be trying to regain their former excellent reputation after the various changes, including the move to Widnes.
conrail

Post by conrail »

Peters Spares in Middlesbrough also woek out of an indystrial unit and again you need some kind of transport
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I've only visited them twice, once before and once after they moved for comparison. There wasn't much to see at the shop, just some items in display cases and the staff taking calls and operating the computers. There's a bit more stock visible now but they are really just set up for on line and telephone sales.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
stuartp

Post by stuartp »

It's a model which seems to work well in other (related) hobbies. Hannants of Lowestoft will sell you almost anything (non-railway) scale modelling related by mail order from a warehouse. There is a counter for personal callers but they don't pretend to be a local modelshop, their business is import, wholesale and mail order.
Portwilliam - Southwest Scotland in the 1960s, in OO - http://stuart1968.wordpress.com/