Hattons/DJModels 00 Gauge 60xx GWR King

Ask questions or give advice on any other model railway Manufacturers and Gauges
Pennine MC

Re: Hattons/DJModels 00 Gauge 60xx GWR King

Post by Pennine MC »

Bigmet wrote:[...
(I think there is urgency there too: while the Hattons 14xx looks to have the field to itself, ...
Does look that way, on the surface. But who knows what else Hornby might still have to announce; they do seem keen on revisiting their back catalogue.
mattmay05

Post by mattmay05 »

There were rumors floating around during Ally Pally weekend, possibly something pre-grouping. But everyone seem to of been saying the same model, but shall see when they announce it.
- Youtube/bluebellModelrailway
- https://railway-modeller-mw.weebly.com/
- VECTIS 3D: mademe.co.uk/shop/vectis-3d-models/
Bigmet

Post by Bigmet »

And Hattons have bowed out, leaving the project wholly in DJM's hands to progress. As earlier posters suspected nearly a year ago, the advent of the Hornby King has 'done enough' for Hattons to see that there isn't a sufficent market niche for an alternative.

I'd rate the project as 'dead in the water' because if the largest retailer in this business doesn't believe it will fly, that's a serious opinion.
mattmay05

Post by mattmay05 »

I suspected it might, at least it didn't get to tooling, however looking at the other DJM Hatton's 14XX there were some nice features on there, but end of the day there's plenty more for Dave to be getting on with.
- Youtube/bluebellModelrailway
- https://railway-modeller-mw.weebly.com/
- VECTIS 3D: mademe.co.uk/shop/vectis-3d-models/