Kernow Model Rail Centre

What do you want from a model railway shop?
hiffano

Re: Kernow Model Rail Centre

Post by hiffano »

lol, it was on the trading standards site.
well there ya go, one more change to make the buyer loose out
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay
D306Whistler

Post by D306Whistler »

Who cares about the price, if you are not willing to pay a higher price then maybe Monsieur should try another outlet ;). However with KMRC commissions, you only really have two choices here which are a) to bite the bullet and pay up or b), wait for the item to appear on eBay and pay through the nose for it :lol:.

So Monsieur, which shall it be? ;).
Ash - A Thoroughbred Railway Fan ;).

60008 and D306 are the best Diesels Ever!
http://www.youtube.com/EWS60008
bsa77

Post by bsa77 »

I've used Kernow Models numerous times and spent far too much money when I have been down that way on holiday - my Wife still thinks the holiday staying in Portreath and then "discovering" Kernow Models was complete fluke!

Almost every order has arrived the next day despite using the cheapest delivery option, always well packaged and the fact that they do NRC related special stuff suits me perfectly. Probably my most favourite retailer.

Like the idea of the points - even if I have to spend £500 to get £5 off - all good for me.
Beejay7

Post by Beejay7 »

I wrote to them querying regarding the different quoted price of one of their items in "Railway Modller" to the price quoted on the website. I really just wanted to know which was correct.

I never received a reply so I buy my items elsewhere.

Alan
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Many advertisers, particularly in consumer electronics say that they will honour the price in a magazine ad only during the month that appears on the cover. They do this because of the extremely long lead times in the publishing industry. Often they can't even forecast whether the price is subsequently going to have to rise or fall.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
sub39h

Post by sub39h »

i can see the OP's point of view - it may well be the case that he was happy with the price but that sort of discrepancy could have been brought up in the store whereas he is unable to do this online.

I also noted the other day that Kernow had the same item (some wagons, I don't recall which) listed at 2 separate prices. So someone may have clicked the more expensive one and paid more than they had to.